Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalopes trailcam pics from farm north.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
See I think the opposite. I think it is easier to hunt wooded, hill land. I hunt mostly flat ladn and have property in Warsaw. I can pattern the deer so much easier there. Deer in flat country land can travel anywhere for food.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
See I think the opposite. I think it is easier to hunt wooded, hill land. I hunt mostly flat ladn and have property in Warsaw. I can pattern the deer so much easier there. Deer in flat country land can travel anywhere for food.

Beentown

So can they in the woods. Oak trees and browse abound. The difference is in the flats the may have one fence row, or one strip of timber to walk in for cover. Down in VC they have thousands of acres of timber to wander. They don;t have to move down or along this finger to hold tight to cover, they can just wonder around until they get there... In the bigger timber they bed where they plop down their butt. In the flats they have areas of cover more conducive to bedding areas.

If I have 4 shooters on 1000 wooded acres.. And 4 shooters on 1000 acres where 100 is wooded and the other 900 beans.. I've drastically nailed down their area of operation.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Put a cam back on this property to see if anything new came along.. Looks like Clyde is still around.

[video=youtube;05u8fi3StIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05u8fi3StIw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Still looks good buddy. So many buck deerz and only one tag. That sucks lol.

Hard for a guy to choose just one buck sometimes. Cam's are a curse I tell ya lmao.