Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Food plot

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313685493.855822.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here is a cudde capture pic from last year..There's no doubt cudde cut the quality of their lens with the attack series...Unbeleiavable

I think its the lack/change in the color saturation between the two models. Cuddeback is famous for their "color" pics in large part to their cams over saturating the pictures with color. It seems the Attack takes "truer" pictures which compared to the Excite don't "look" as good. IMO, I like the Attack photos better with the exception of them not seeming as "crisp". I do like the new cases as well...

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicks,
Look at the right rear leg of the 2010 half rack. Notice the nick

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313751462.029250.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313751462.029250.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicks..

Look at the same leg on the 2011 9 point..Same nick in the same leg in the same spot. Gotta be the same buck. Based on that and behavior..i think its the same buck. Thats about the extent of my research :)

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
He went from a scrubby 90 inch 8pt.( if he had both sides) to a 125 to 130 inch 9 point....Thats about 44% increase in antler growth from 2.5 to 3.5 yrs of age...Thats incredible...They really grow from 2.5 to 3.5.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
My buddy sent the broken cudde back..They sent him a new one($75)...So..now he has a cudde capture and an Attack up and running....I still like the capture's quality over the attacks...

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Well fellows..

Its Monday evening..and you know what that means....Sorry its the same ole buck but nothing else has ventured into this woodlot..It seems more bucks passed through this woodlot last year..However..it is still early yet...I expect more to come in October....Ohh BTW ..the Replacement Cudde back capture that my buddy just recieved from cuddeback has Died. The Food Plot is dead..The cudde capture is dead..what's next ???

Anyhows..Looks like the 9 point is gettin alil anxious..

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang. Does everyone have this many issues with the Cuddes? I thought camera issues were just me and my Trophy Cams. Seems I can't own one without it messing up. UPS even lost the friggin replacement cam they sent me. I can't catch a break.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Dang. Does everyone have this many issues with the Cuddes? I thought camera issues were just me and my Trophy Cams. Seems I can't own one without it messing up. UPS even lost the friggin replacement cam they sent me. I can't catch a break.

I've owned two Cuddeback's for the last 3 years, well one is two years old, and I haven't had single issue. Granted I probably don't run my cameras as much as some of you guys do but no issues once I switched to Sandisk SD Cards.

My cousin had a few issues with this Cudde, and customer service wasn't very helpful from what I remember.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellows..

You guys may find this intresting...The 8 point was in velvet at 12:24pm today...and he's completely out of velvet at 7:45pm today. Thats unbeleivable.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's crazy. I'm staring at these pics, trying to convince myself that they're two different deer.... but I can't do it. Looks like the same buck to me. I don't think it's unbelievable that he shed, but the fact that it happened so quickly... and that he shows no blood on the antlers... That's what astounds me.