Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trophy Cam Users

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I have one of the BC versions of this cam and I love it. I'd love to have about a dozen more. Depending on the price I might be in for two or three myself.

As others said there is the blurring issue at night but not that bad. My first set of batteries is still going at almost a year and it has taken thousands of pics.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have one of the BC versions of this cam and I love it. I'd love to have about a dozen more. Depending on the price I might be in for two or three myself.

As others said there is the blurring issue at night but not that bad. My first set of batteries is still going at almost a year and it has taken thousands of pics.

Yeah, but your WV deer are half the size, therefore only take up half as much room in the picture, leading to the longer battery life. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Gander has the 4mp one for 99.99 and with the coupon code GMTN5 you can get 5 bucks off every $50. Add some 2.99 Fishing line to get over the 300 mark and the total is 272 bucks for 3 cams. Or $90 bucks each.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Gander has the 4mp one for 99.99 and with the coupon code GMTN5 you can get 5 bucks off every $50. Add some 2.99 Fishing line to get over the 300 mark and the total is 272 bucks for 3 cams. Or $90 bucks each.

Gander has the Bushnells on sale for $159 this week. Not sure if you can use the code Joe supplied with those or not.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Joe, what kind of battery life are you getting with your Spypoints? They use AAs also, right? $272 for 3 infrared cams is a pretty good deal.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe, what kind of battery life are you getting with your Spypoints? They use AAs also, right? $272 for 3 infrared cams is a pretty good deal.

Yeah, they take 6 Double A batteries.

Not sure of an exact pic count as I check and moved them around a bunch last year and didn't keep count. I had them out Most of deer season last year to include turkey and just replaced them the other day... And that includes 3 weeks in January.

I pulled 825 pics off the one cam Sunday and the battery life still showed full. about 90% IR pics. And I'm not using Lithium bats. Just plane old Energizer.

I sent Spypoint an email today asking what kind of deal we could get on their IR-4mp, IR-5mp and IR-6mp, cams for a bulk buy.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Is anyone going to try this with Bushnell?

Get me a couple model options and I'll shoot them an email and see what we can do. :)

Personally though I don't see them as being any better than the Spypoint bloodline 7mp at $156 retail. Except the Spypoint has 46 IR leds VS TC with 32. And spypoints leds are set at 10, 25 and 40 degree angles to offer a wider broadcast. It also has a 5 zone detection PIR sensor that tries to center the target.

5598.jpg VS 8MP-Trophy-Cam-Brown-Night-Vision.jpg

Here is their one step down IR-6 model in Video mode at $123 bucks retail

[video=youtube;34lNjwAof74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34lNjwAof74&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Night video IR-6

[video=youtube;edcYlWCLMfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edcYlWCLMfY&NR=1[/video]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sent a PM out to a guy on AT today about the Spypoints and TC's and a possible bulk discount. Maybe we will get lucky!

Is he a dealer? If so he will still have his profit built in. I want them for what he pays lol .. The Sales manager from spypoint called me Friday he's working me up a quote.

TC hasn't responded to my email. I'll call them monday.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Is he a dealer? If so he will still have his profit built in. I want them for what he pays lol .. The Sales manager from spypoint called me Friday he's working me up a quote.

TC hasn't responded to my email. I'll call them monday.

He is a dealer, but I just figured I would check. Told him we were checking around for the best deal we could possibly get.