Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Soy Beans

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Put some soy beans in today in a small area. I hope I did it right! This is basically a test area to see what happens.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lookin' good, brother! Hopefully there's no woodchucks hanging out nearby... If there are, get the gun ready!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Gonna be doing the same thing this weekend.... Hope my RR soybeans show up today, so that when I get off duty tomorrow I can get everything ready and plant on saturday and sunday!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good article in D&DH I just ready on the crapper today about soy beans. It said you are going to want several acres to plant them or they will be gone quickly. Sorry to burst your bubble Cotty. lol

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I figured the deer go through alot. It's just a test area to see if they grow. Most of my plot is rye / rape combo that I'll put in early fall.
I may still do a late spring planting but I'm at the mercy of the landowner plowing for me.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
You're going to find out that soybeans in a small area like that will get wiped out pretty fast. IMO, one needs a minimum of 2-3 acres to have a successful crop of soys or corn. If your plot gets wiped out overseed it with winter rye in August.