Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Deer Season 2011 -2012

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Down to 80 days fellas.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Been there done that one lol. It sucks and is hard to FORCE yourself to hold the shot a little longer and wait for the arrow to leave the bow completely. It can be done because I have overcome that issue now but it was a hard habit to break. The bad thing about this issue for me was the fact I was fine during practice but I would do this when shooting at live deer. It wasn't " Buck Fever " that was an entirely different issue I had to FORCE myself through but it was the EXCITEMENT from shooting at a deer and wanting to know where I hit it. Needless to say.....I missed the deer I was shooting at because of it.

Good luck buddy...You can do it.

I'll get through it. Its definately frustrating.....Let out a deep breath, focus, release, follow through....

I should be getting my new arrows to fletch up and stuff this week so i'll be shooting more. Ill be borrowing Dales bow coach too I think. That will help me out as well.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Bow hunting starts on the morning of the 267th day of the year
Today is the 195th day of the yearT
hat would make 72 days to go

OR

71 days and a wake up

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Holy sheet.... this season is really creeping up on me. It's been a crazy spring / summer at the homestead here, but time to really start getting my poop in a group. 71 days.... Wow!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yep!! Besides moving my brother in law up from C-bus, Saturday is the only other planned event I have this summer. All the To Do's are done around the house, it's time to hammer down!! Going to sling a few arrows on Sunday and get all my cameras and gear together for inventory.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My wife texts me this morning and says that my daughters teacher was talking to her about hunting and where we have out property. She says, I can get your husband persmission on a couple opf farms around there. There is always deer on your property and by the pond below. She says she sees them beind the treeline all the time. So I think I might go see what crop is in the field behind my property and maybe put some corn out and my trail camera. See what I can come up with. Supposively there is a pretty good buck out there. I have heard this for 3 years now and havent heard aof anyone taking him. you know how people are though who arent knowledgable about deer. any buck is a big buck LOL

At this point though, if his rack is past his ears, its lights out!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
70 days left fellas.

SSSSssshhhh nobody tell Fluteman lmao

TOO late, the Bowhunting bug has finally bit me. Got a decent little 8 on camera close to home, and starting next week I will be running a wireless cam to the pc so I won't be disturbing the cam unless I need to change a battery or put out some corn. Can't wait!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
TOO late, the Bowhunting bug has finally bit me. Got a decent little 8 on camera close to home, and starting next week I will be running a wireless cam to the pc so I won't be disturbing the cam unless I need to change a battery or put out some corn. Can't wait!

That's awesome. Can't wait to hear about what's running around back there.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
Ah...ain't it great lol.

Time to get the new bow out and get her shootin.

I shoot every Sunday and last night we removed our old 10ft ladder stand that we practice out of and assembled a new 17ft stand. I was at a constant glaze of sweat but we got r done and shot until dark. Its going to get hotter so be prepared.