Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Deer Season 2011 -2012

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
DUDE, SERIOUSLY?! You're killing me Smalls! I am doing my best to keep my mind off deer hunting as long as I possibly can, but you keep throwing this up there and getting me all excited. Dang...

Sorry fella...I won't do it again.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

WOW !!!! Can you believe that. Only 90 short days till we will all be in a treestand again making new memories and some nightmares of those big ol deer :smiley_clap: :smiley_coolpeace:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here is a cool desktop Gadget for Windows 7.

Attachments

• countDownTimer.zip
    75.1 KB · Views: 214

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I tried shooting a few last night but the mosquittos where tearing me up. I need to get some refills for my thermacell.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Dang....I need to get some cameras out.

Remember guys......the 2nd week of July is the very best week to be out road scouting for bachelor groups of bucks....Mornings are best, but evenings are very good also. This is when you can find areas where you can find potential shooter bucks. It's not uncommon to see groups of 5 to 10 bucks running together this time of year.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Ima get the bow out today and start shooting, i always wait till last minute..not this year though. I also hung a cam last night at one of our hunting properties. We saw a biggun runnin ther all year last year, just couldnt connect. Hopefully he'll be back!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Was giving my bow some TLC last night and decided I'm going to need a new string. Hope to get one on this week or next. After that my goal is to shoot 4-5 days a week, about 30-40 arrows a session. Should have the new string broke by Late August early September, which will give me 3 week or so to fine tune and get ready for the big day.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Last year I wasn't geeked at all. After the problems I have had with trespassers, stolen stuff, etc... This year is different. I am feeling a bit renewed.

Beentown

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
85 wake ups fools and it will be time to throw on the camo, fire up the smoker, and hit that prime opening day stand! It's so close!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
85 wake ups fools and it will be time to throw on the camo, fire up the smoker, and hit that prime opening day stand! It's so close!!!

Now Greg can be mad at you for the reminder lmao. Hear that Greg....... 85 days and counting brother lmao

Count me in...I will have the camo smoked and lunch packed. I am planning an all day sit unless I smoke one in the morning. I'm pumped for the season to start.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've given in to the bug, I'm already feeling the buck fever. Been seeing some nice deer this last week, the biggest being on a piece of property I lost last year. Real bummer, but that's life. Working OT to get the ball rolling on some fall purchases. Should be a good year for all!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Threw about 3 dozen arrows through the bow yesterday before the skeeters started coming out. It felt really good to be slinging some arrows again. Can't wait till the opener.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I need to get the bow out and work on my follow through. I have a bad habit of dropping the bow to see my shot. Its really irritating. Its not TP or anything, just my own personal issue. I think I was doing it before too and never really noticed it until now.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I need to get the bow out and work on my follow through. I have a bad habit of dropping the bow to see my shot. Its really irritating. Its not TP or anything, just my own personal issue. I think I was doing it before too and never really noticed it until now.

Been there done that one lol. It sucks and is hard to FORCE yourself to hold the shot a little longer and wait for the arrow to leave the bow completely. It can be done because I have overcome that issue now but it was a hard habit to break. The bad thing about this issue for me was the fact I was fine during practice but I would do this when shooting at live deer. It wasn't " Buck Fever " that was an entirely different issue I had to FORCE myself through but it was the EXCITEMENT from shooting at a deer and wanting to know where I hit it. Needless to say.....I missed the deer I was shooting at because of it.

Good luck buddy...You can do it.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I do the same but i always jerk my hand to the left for some reason, i can't seem to break the habit :tantrum: