Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do you have to share your bow properties with others?

huntn2

Hudson, OH
One property is small and I don't have to share it...

The other property is 104 acres that I have to share with others. My BIL hunts it the most with me, but the landowner and 2 of his friends hunt it as well. The landowners 2 friends are rarely ever there (they were each out there twice when I was all last season).

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hunted three properties last year. One is owned by my buddy. It is primarily myself, him, and an occasional third. I hunt another property that was supposed to be me, a couple guys from MI that had never hunted it (until last season haha), and a guy with his grandson. That traffic changed as the season progressed though. Seemed like there were new hunters every week. Kinda sucked from mid-OCtober on. This year I am hoping to have scored prior to mid October. I have a new strategy. The third property I hunt is littered with human traffic. Supposed to be myself and one other guy. Apparently nobody can read "No Trespassing" signs and feels they can go wherever they wish. Ironically, this is where I arrowed my buck last year. The year before I was lucky to even see a deer there. If I did it was several hundred yards away on the days I hunted the field edges.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My main place I hunt is small and it's just me, my boys, and my dad allowed there.

My other place is a Sportsman Club, but during bow I'm rarely bothered.

Joe, is that one of them statues of a jockey holding a lantern and you just painted camo on him?

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
'They were pulling each others stands down and shitting on them, pissing on cameras, even dumping dead animals around there stands. The two guys ended up in a fist fight in the middle of the woods one day during the rut while trying to kill this deer because the one dude caught the other dude shitting in his stand! LOL!'

another good reason to use a climber or a stand no one can reach w/o sticks!

chetter74

the land i hunt in vinton co. is a friend of mine and we almost always hunt it together we share stands it works out perrty well , theres a stand in jackson co. that a local put up on public land , i found it scouting 2 years ago i talked to him about it and he said i could hunt it when ever i wanted , I've killed 2 does and a buck in the last 2 years

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
One property I hunt is 90 acres and I have to share it with 4-5 guys. Sounds bad, but once it gets cold most stop hunting it. Surprisingly I hardly ever see anyone in there hunting during November except for my buddy who shares permission with me.

On my own property I only allow family and invited friends to hunt. During the week if I get out I will hunt the farm above. Weekends can be a nightmare there so I head down to my place when I can only hunt weekends.

By far I have more luck on my farm than the one I hunt in Greene County just because I have less disturbances down there. Plus, I manage my own property. It's hard to manage when you don't own something and have to share it with others.