Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do you guys "name" your stuff?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Can't ever recall name any of my stuff but me and my bro have names for our hunting locales and stand setups. Our parents use to call us, frick and frack and inkysquat and doedoe! We could never figure out which one was being called wither of the names but it beat being called the "Bobsy Twins"! LOL

Diablo54

Outside
My old truck was a gmc sonoma. We either called it the noma or
The slownoma. My dads rusty/spraypainted
Shotgun that he loves is called
The street sweeper. Our zero turn needs a name
But we
Havent came up with a good
One yet.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
View attachment 2078
BIG RED is my 1973 snow blower.

My boat is named the S.S. walleyerun.com after my site.

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!

The county GW named my truck The Poach Coach after I had the camo put on it and it kind of stuck. ( no I dont poach)

Poach Coach lmao

i call my junk , lil man

I knew it was just a matter of time until somebody would bring that article up lol
One of the guys in my office calls his junk "Big John and the twins, Chad and Jeremy...."

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We have a leaf blower on wheels we call "Big Bertha". I swear you could blow the paint off a house with it.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I like to have names for things, but it's not something you can just "do" automatically - it's gotta come to you.
I'd like to have a name for my new truck, but try as I might I can't think of anything that sticks.
For me, it's gotta be an inspriration, something that fits. Like "Yahtzee"

Huckleberry Finn

I like to have names for things, but it's not something you can just "do" automatically - it's gotta come to you.
I'd like to have a name for my new truck, but try as I might I can't think of anything that sticks.

How about Chop Sticks? It's a foreign truck and you might haul some wood in it...or if you had a Hitachi chain saw...
:smiley_clap:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yeah yeah....it's a Toyota....and it was built in the US with over 80% US parts.... (my BIL's Chevy was built in Canada - he was giving me shit and I tossed that one in his face - his truck's name is Big Red btw)And will still be runnin strong years from now....
like my 10 yr old Mazda with 256K on it or my wife's Accord with 80K and never a service problem
or my 86 BMW that I bought in 96 with 108K, was still going good at 276K when my son totalled it.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Old diesel was Big Blue.....new truck is Black Beauty

It's man rule to call most thing by their nickname or slang name, that's who created them