Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Live Update

Huckleberry Finn

Fugg

Had a hen come into my decoys...then about 45 minutes later she came back with another behind me. Fun to watch them but can a guy get a beard!?!?

I went to the other end of the woods when it started raining, zero response.

Walked out, drove down the road to the other end of the woods (no permission and there were at least two other guys in there this morning, 1 shot) and there's a longbeard running in the corn field. I rolled down my window and cussed him.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Been a rough 3 days.Hunt til noon then run til dark or later. Just seen where TripleA88 bagged 1 for the team, Way to go guy. I danced with one til noon today ,then had to slip out without spooking him. I will punch his dance card for him in the morning.lol

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I just got home from 3 days of hunting. I tagged a 21-1/2 lb bird with a 10-1/2" beard at 7:20 am on Monday, passed on a nice sized Jake on Tuesday, and killed a 20lb, 2 oz tom with a 9-1/2 inch beard this morning at 10:45.....Some dang tough weather to be hunting in that's for sure. Windy, rain and cold was the norm. I didn't see many birds at all from scouting Saturday, Sunday, and hunting for 3 days. I think it was due to the bad weather.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Just got back from listening and scouting. Heard 3 birds and one of them with the right setup and calling could be peppered, but he is pretty henned up. 3 to 4 gobbles is all I heard from each bird. Also saw one in the exact same spot I shot mine Monday....

I should probably buy another tag

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just got back from listening and scouting. Heard 3 birds and one of them with the right setup and calling could be peppered, but he is pretty henned up. 3 to 4 gobbles is all I heard from each bird. Also saw one in the exact same spot I shot mine Monday....

I should probably buy another tag

Sweet Buddy. My phones dead. so i didn't get your texts this morning. Guess what i heard out at the farm this morning.... NOTHING.. lol....

Huckleberry Finn

I cannot buy a freaking longbeard...all good hunts so far but I am starting to get frustrated!

My buddy and I set up where I was on Monday. We got there a little bit later than we wanted to and were hearing gobbles when we put the decoys up. We had 2 different birds hammering off the roost in two different spots...I mean the one was cutting me off. We shut up and waited and three hours later hadn't heard or seen anything. Got up and took a walk, came back to a hen (solo) in our decoys. I am sick of freaking hens!

Got a text message from my dad at 8: "Wrong farm, there's a gobbler strutting where you normally set up the blind" plus 6 more birds....fugggggggin turkeys!

Hit that farm after my buddy had to get to class. Nothing turkey wise but I did have a coyote run through past my setup. Didn't get a shot off (sorry Camofry, I got close!)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Where do you want to setup? Where I shot mine Monday, or down in that bottom where that drag is?

Your call. Is the new one that moved in a Jake? Was he right in the same spot by the jug?

How did the one up by the drag sound? Older?

Schu72

Streetsboro
Birds were quite on the roost here. Moved to a second location and had a bird gobbling no-stop, but he wouldn't budge. Finally he went quite and I made a huge loop around him and got him going again. Pulled a Jake in to 12 yards and he got suspicious and started to putt. Never heard the gobbler again.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I went and set up a blind this morning close to home, I'm going to take my son out for his first ever turkey hunt in the morning.

Huckleberry Finn

Saw Henretta my friend the hen this morning.

Dante has a story to share about the later part of the afternoon...I think he's hooked on turkey hunting!