Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Live Update

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We are all set up representing team Beard Busters.

Schu72

Streetsboro
We are home from our first outing. I saw 3, but they were already in the field we were trying to get to. I thought they might feed to us, but no luck. Back at it in the am.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well guys today was pretty good, no dead turks but we saw plenty. Right off the bat we heard 2 gobble (somehow). The thing was, they were staying on roost way longer than we has expected. So we ended up spookin one of them. We saw a total of 3 toms, 4 jakes, bunch hens, and 2 coyotes and a fox. We'll be back out on the morning givin her hell!

Schu72

Streetsboro
I thought it was going to happen this morning. My son and I were out good and early. Very quite early. No gobbling at all. Finally, I decided to make some noise. Two gobblers responded, but they were behind us. I made a few more callls to see if they would commit, but that didn't seem to be the case. After a little time went by there seemed to be a bird at the south end of the field that was fairly hot. We grabbed up our gear and snuck down a fence row and got in pretty close. i got my son set up and crawled out and set a decoy. This bird was hammering away. I made a few calls to let him know where we were and he was going crazy. I was certain he was coming but after a few minutes it did not seen like he was getting any closer. I really thought he was just inside the treeline. I know there was a creek where he was at and maybe he was on the other side. I know the creek was swollen from the rain, perhaps he wasn't willing to try and cross. Around this point I wisper too my son, "I'm not sure if he's going to come".....he replies back, "I think he knows your a fake!" LOL. I wanted to roll.... anyway a short time later Ethan was starting to get anxious and he knocked his gun off the bipod. I'm not sure if the turkey saw us or heard us, but we never heard another peep. Oh well...maybe another time. At 7 he only last a couple of hours and he has a baseball meeting at 1 so we are probably done for today.

JPN

coshocton
I took my sister out this morning and she got her first turkey! It had a 5 inch beard and weighed about 15 lbs. I'll write up the story and show pics later.

Diablo54

Outside
Good to see some success! No luck this morning. I still havent heard a close gobble while hunting. Maybe i can sneak a hunt in before school tommorow.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Almost seeled the deal this morning. We heard one gobbling on the roost, so we sneak down to the feild edge and call a little. He starts responding then flys down our way. He's walking on a line coming our way at a steady pace, he gets to about 70 yards, and some hens fly down to our right. He makes a 90 degree turn and goes their way, acting like we were never there.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I went out this evening for a couple of hours TOO sit where I'm going tomorrow morning. I heard about 25 gobbles coming from across the creek within a 100 yards from my position. They shut up about 7:30 and started gobblin' around 6:15. On my way out at 8:24 I saw another 2 toms in another field and one looked to be a nice sized bird. Can't wait TOO see what tomorrow brings! Goodluck fellas!

Huckleberry Finn

I was unsuccessful at putting one to bed tonight, but I've got a good spot picked out for the morning.

Alarm set for 4:40...I can't sleep though! My sleep schedules are messed up like crazy

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went for a walk Sunday afternoon with Dante and we seen 5 birds total. The last two we seen just before bedtime was the best of the day. The 2 toms was battling it out in a cut cornfield. Was pretty cool to watch them 2 flopping fans back and forth at each other and then bump chests all over the place lol. It was a first for me to see and I must say...it was awesome :D

Good luck out there everybody. I can't wait to see the pics and read the stories as they roll on in over the next few weeks. Be safe out there and have fun.