Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fishing Outing - May 7th and 8th - AEP Rec Land

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang.. Can't make it buddy... I have some pu. uhm... something i have to "do" that weekend.. ;)

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Back to the top. Let's get a running list of who is attending. I'd like to put together a little tourney for Saturday if everyone is interested.

Quote and put your name on the list.

Fluteman
Jesse

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Back to the top. Let's get a running list of who is attending. I'd like to put together a little tourney for Saturday if everyone is interested.

Quote and put your name on the list.

Fluteman
Jesse

Man I won't know till that week......

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Some of the campground ponds and larger lake have gravel boat ramps. What size is the boat? They have a 9.9hp limit on all lakes.

Also, if you guys need additional info on the place, you can find it all here:

http://www.aep.com/environmental/recreation/recland/Default.aspx?mr=0

You do have to have a signed permit with you at all times, but you can register and print one out from the link above. They also have a list on the permit of all the rules to abide by. Camping is free on a first come, first serve basis.

21 ft...... Double axle trailer.... Doesn't look like it's too boater friendly from the maps.... I didn't see any ramps listed, did I miss something???

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
No, they don't have any ramps listed. I can give you the lake numbers of all the ones I know that have ramps, but a 21fter might be a bit overkill for AEP

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
No, they don't have any ramps listed. I can give you the lake numbers of all the ones I know that have ramps, but a 21fter might be a bit overkill for AEP

It's all I got lol..... May have to scale down one of these days hahaha......

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That can wait! This will be a cherished memory none of us will soon forget....

Ah hell, who am I kidding. Hit it once for me!!! lmao

Looks like the situation may pan out sooner than I planned. With any luck, this weekend ;) Which means..... I'LL BE THERE!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Mine holds 55 gallons and uses it :( Looks like the kids need to learn how to tube behind a canoe!

Beentown

Mine has the 50 gal one and @ 70+ mph it drinks it a lot.... My fishing is seriously going to suffer this season.... Bring on the electric lakes lol....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Mine has the 50 gal one and @ 70+ mph it drinks it a lot.... My fishing is seriously going to suffer this season.... Bring on the electric lakes lol....

Bass boat? Only thing I know that is 21' and goes 70+! Mine is a turd with a topspeed of 38 and you can actually watch the gauge fall during above cruise speeds. 27' cruiser.

Beentown