Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Free Online Maps... CHECK IT OUT

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here's a very useful, and most importantly free, source for online mapping. Just click on the link below, then click on "Make a Map." There are many different Basemaps to choose from, including topographic features and aerial imagery. You can also add additional data layers or create your own layers. Do yourself a favor and add this site to your favorites.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not available for my county :(

Really? I was under the impression that it's made up of worldwide data. Did you try different Basemaps? Also, if you go into the add layers section, do a search for "Ohio Imagery." The state OSIP imagery data should come up. Pretty much every county in the state was part of that program. There should be either 6" or 1' resolution imagery available.

Huckleberry Finn

Really? I was under the impression that it's made up of worldwide data. Did you try different Basemaps? Also, if you go into the add layers section, do a search for "Ohio Imagery." The state OSIP imagery data should come up. Pretty much every county in the state was part of that program. There should be either 6" or 1' resolution imagery available.

I didn't play with it too much. I'll look at it again. It didn't seem like I could zoom down to a reasonable level without the screen turning 'grey' and getting the 'no image' thing.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Get on the auditor's site for the county you are looking at and navigate to the real estate search area. Williams, Henry and Wood have awesome sites.

swamp_donkey819

thanks alot for the info, around here alot of big city people buy land and just keep it for a tax right off, or people buy it and move across town its just a mess around here, hard to get good huntin land