Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A little over a year ago I started getting real disappointed in my job. I went and talked to management about it and was promised some changes. I gave them time and a few reminders of my goals without much beyond words.

I sorta half assed started looking for new employment. A few buddies of mine are linemen and kept telling me to go sign the books at Local 71. I finally got upset enough a few months back and took a day off of work to go sign the books.

Keeping my old supervisors in the loop with what I was doing. They offered me a new shift for me to stay. All though that was tempting, I'm glad I didn't. 2 weeks into this new job I'm starting to get a little more used to waking up at 0400 and driving 100 miles to the jobsite. Sure that sucks, but I'm still happier being an equipment operator then I was before. I substantial pay raise also helps. Lol

Not sure what I've been waiting for. Should've done this years ago when it was first offered. Oh well, better late then never!

Happy for ya buddy.... Glad it worked out...

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
A little over a year ago I started getting real disappointed in my job. I went and talked to management about it and was promised some changes. I gave them time and a few reminders of my goals without much beyond words.

I sorta half assed started looking for new employment. A few buddies of mine are linemen and kept telling me to go sign the books at Local 71. I finally got upset enough a few months back and took a day off of work to go sign the books.

Keeping my old supervisors in the loop with what I was doing. They offered me a new shift for me to stay. All though that was tempting, I'm glad I didn't. 2 weeks into this new job I'm starting to get a little more used to waking up at 0400 and driving 100 miles to the jobsite. Sure that sucks, but I'm still happier being an equipment operator then I was before. I substantial pay raise also helps. Lol

Not sure what I've been waiting for. Should've done this years ago when it was first offered. Oh well, better late then never!

That is great stuff Dave!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great to hear it Giles. I'm sure Redhunter will tell you it is a good thing getting out of there. Hard on your lungs.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Going to the OSU game tomorrow so decided to pick up a new hat today. They asked me at the counter if I wanted my name embroidered on it. Worked out well.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Met up with Dick (Hortontoter) today and he hooked me up with some nice wild cherry logs:). Ended up shooting the shit for an hour😀. It was nice to see you again, and thanks for the wild cherry!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Met up with Dick (Hortontoter) today and he hooked me up with some nice wild cherry logs:). Ended up shooting the shit for an hour[emoji3]. It was nice to see you again, and thanks for the wild cherry!

Next time involve a lunch in there lol.... Glad you two were able too meet up...

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Very nice, jon. Have fun at the game. Im going to my first buckeyes game against michgan state november 11th.

Happy for you, giles

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hat looks awesome Jon! Enjoy the game today, I hope we win and look good doing it!

Congrats on the new gig Dave! Glad it's put you and a better state of mind and is working out for you!

It's always great hearing TOO memebers getting together.:smiley_clap: