Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Here's what's TOO good.....

Just now found out I got the last Sat/Sun off day job on days and it starts 8/19!!!!!! It's taken this long because management has reverted every damn Sat/Sun bid job left by senior retirees the past decade and a half. Every time me and others near me on the seniority roster got close they'd rip the bid out from under us leaving us stuck with less than desirable off days.

I'M SO GLAD TO FINALLY HAVE WEEKENDS OFF!! . Those that have weekends off don't realize how special it is until it's taken away, I've missed out on so much over the years I'm just so friggin happy right now! Think my wife and I might go out and celebrate tonight or this week sometime!!! WHOOHOO:pickle:
It took 32.75 years to get one but I finally did it!!!!!!:pickle::pickle:

You know... If you retire everyday is a Saturday except for Sunday...

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good stuff Phil!
Congrats on the win Charles.
Good for you Ric that is awesome,you will enjoy those weekends off but now will have to deal with all the bone collectors hunting on the weekends.[emoji16]

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I found out recently that I will have to do some traveling for work the first two weeks of October. I am actually kind of glad, as it will keep some prime stands untouched until the end of the month. One of the trips will be to Calgary and I decided to take a few extra days while I'm there to stay in the town of Banff, Alberta. The town is beautifully set in the Rockies, so I plan on doing some hiking in the mountains and have a few cold ones in the local pubs. I will share some pics when I return. Next year I am trying to incorporate some hunting time out west with some of these business trips.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm familiar with the hopewell area off of 376 (my brother lived there for about 5 years) and it's a nice area with easy access too Pittsburgh and shopping areas...

But, get ready for taxes... Hopewell I believe is in beaver county and cheaper (comparatively speaking) too Allegheny county....

Pa is a commonwealth and taxes are imposed vs voted on for a lot of things....

I know some folks that commute from Oh over to Pa to save some money, you save money at the cost of time commuting....

Wmiller07

Thanks for the information. It's definitely not a done deal but the benefits are a lot better and it would be a big pay increase. Plus the bird hunting is way better

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks for the information. It's definitely not a done deal but the benefits are a lot better and it would be a big pay increase. Plus the bird hunting is way better

There's a big pheasant preserve south of Pittsburgh, I've been there and my daughters boyfriend goes 3-4 times a year, nice setup but I'm not really into that style of hunting... But yes, bird hunting, trout fishing is much better in the keystone state....

Wmiller07

The pheasant releases the state does sounds pretty good and the goose hunting seems to be better too. It'd be a real pain in the nuts moving but I'm kind of ready to live somewhere else since I've been here my whole life.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The pheasant releases the state does sounds pretty good and the goose hunting seems to be better too. It'd be a real pain in the nuts moving but I'm kind of ready to live somewhere else since I've been here my whole life.

If you can, I'd head south of the city, the commute might be worse but it's more rural and closer to WV...