Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Need to replace the garage door opener at Mom's house this week. Mom wanted me to get their old VW fired up, tires aired up, and make sure we can move it out of the garage. For tires filled and got her to fire up. Not bad. Had only been driven twice last year. Hadn't been driven in close to a year. 18k miles. Original paint. Most everything is original. I put the tires and rims on it in high school. We still have the original tires and rims.

Took Mom for a ride around her neighborhood. I think it was good for both of us. Dad is smiling down knowing I am taking care of Mom..

Came home. Mowed the lawn. Cleaned my truck out. Took a nap. Then got some tractor therapy mowing the neighbor's field. Not a bad Sunday.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Did the local rib cook-off and won it. Was a good time. Ended up having over 500 people show up. 200 racks of ribs gone in 30 minutes.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Need to replace the garage door opener at Mom's house this week. Mom wanted me to get their old VW fired up, tires aired up, and make sure we can move it out of the garage. For tires filled and got her to fire up. Not bad. Had only been driven twice last year. Hadn't been driven in close to a year. 18k miles. Original paint. Most everything is original. I put the tires and rims on it in high school. We still have the original tires and rims.

Took Mom for a ride around her neighborhood. I think it was good for both of us. Dad is smiling down knowing I am taking care of Mom..

Came home. Mowed the lawn. Cleaned my truck out. Took a nap. Then got some tractor therapy mowing the neighbor's field. Not a bad Sunday.

Good stuff, Phil. Perfect timing for great weather it had been all weekend. Thats a very nice car.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff, Phil. Perfect timing for great weather it had been all weekend. Thats a very nice car.
Thanks Chad. We called to get insurance on it today. Would have been covered under my insurance since I was the driver. Good to know she can drive it if she wants to now. (After I bleed the brakes and get her better brake pedal.)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's what's TOO good.....

Just now found out I got the last Sat/Sun off day job on days and it starts 8/19!!!!!! It's taken this long because management has reverted every damn Sat/Sun bid job left by senior retirees the past decade and a half. Every time me and others near me on the seniority roster got close they'd rip the bid out from under us leaving us stuck with less than desirable off days.

I'M SO GLAD TO FINALLY HAVE WEEKENDS OFF!! . Those that have weekends off don't realize how special it is until it's taken away, I've missed out on so much over the years I'm just so friggin happy right now! Think my wife and I might go out and celebrate tonight or this week sometime!!! WHOOHOO:pickle:
It took 32.75 years to get one but I finally did it!!!!!!:pickle::pickle: