Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Floki

Got my four year old boy out squirrel hunting. He's about as still as a tornado. It's a start and a tho. I've mentored many young kids so the only thing that would surprise me is if he actually sat still or did something close to right.

Just glad to be starting the journey tho.

Floki

So far he's pretty damn good at playing the Dasani water bottle ,drum crackle!
If we do happen to see a squirrel it's a for sure sign it has had enough of life.

Just watched one take off running about 70 yards out. Time for a walk.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff Floki!

Son: Daddy, what's that squalking noise I hear all around us?

You: Those would be squirrels son....sigh

Son: What are they doing? They sound upset!

You: They are warning each other of the danger that is encroaching their territory.

Son: What danger would that be daddy?

You: A lil tornado son....rotflmao

Last edited:

Floki

He did pretty good overall. We stayed out for a hour an a half. That's about how long it took for my patience to run out, as well as his.

We're going to try it agin this evening. Think I may saw the stock down on his BB gun. It's a little to long for him right now.

Let him carry it around. "UNLOADED" of course. Teach him a little more safety. Think he may feel a little more in to it,having his BB gun with him.
We'll probably do some bow hunting together early season as well. lol hat should be a hoot.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wife works today. Piano at 4pm for daughter. Pickup from cross country at 5pm for oldest. Drop off to soccer at 530 for youngest. Doing a bobcat job for neighbor between 7pm and dark. Took off majority of today to sit thru Mom's rotator cuff surgery. Next couple weeks will be busy tending to mom.

Why TOO good? Guys: these are first world problems. I am fortunate to be able to juggle all these things. Some people are thankful if they get one meal a day. Life is good. And most importantly right now: no surprises during Mom's surgery.

Floki

Took the kid hunting and we finally found a squirrel who didn't value it's life. Finally connected. He was pretty stoked.