Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In the game..

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
sandisk is the way to go.
Take a digital camera with you to the woods. Switch cards and then put the card from the trail cam into your digital cam. You can sit on stand and view pics if you are like me and have the camera near or on the way to your stand.

I leave mine in high sensitivity all year long. I dabbled in the book recommendations for different temps, but high was the best setting for me no matter what.

face it north or south. If you face it east or west you will have the sun playing a role in the pics. In the winter face it north so the sun never is an issue.

welcome to the club!
Hicks pretty well covered it. I love my bushnell.

consider the way it faces. Some times the morning/evening sun can effect the camera's judgment on going to night mode.

you are now hooked!! I was going to mention what cotty already covered, face it north or south, i've had the sun really screw with my cams before!

x4 !

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Schu check on ebay for your sd cards. You can get them real cheap there and still get sandisk. If you use a smart phone that will take micro sd then you can use that as a card reader when you pull your card. I pull the card and put the micro sd into my Black berry and start viewing pictures.

Glen

We have a Big Lots store here they sometimes run sales on the SanDisk cards for real cheap. The cards are good but a lot less money. If they have any next time I check,, they sell fast here,, I'll let you know. I can get them for less & ship them for less in most cases.

Schu72

Streetsboro
My wife picked up a 4 GB for 9.99 at Best Buy. I told her to go to HHGregg. They had 2GB on sale for $4.99, but she said our store was closed for renovations? So I probably have more memory than I need. I do plan to purchase one more camera later this summer, so I will still need another card or two.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Sorry...most of my hunting spots are 45+ minutes away. I just got it out on my last shed hunting trip, so it will probably be a few weeks before I'm back out that way. I promise I'll post up anything interesting.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Sorry...most of my hunting spots are 45+ minutes away. I just got it out on my last shed hunting trip, so it will probably be a few weeks before I'm back out that way. I promise I'll post up anything interesting.

Usually this time of year until they start getting antlers, I will put my cams back out and leave them out for almost a month at a time. The batteries last a long time and I'm not as anxious to rush out and pull them to see if I got the next "monster" on cam. I also find that the less frequent I check them the more pictures I get due to the area getting a longer chance to settle.