Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your turkey setup?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My setup is Remington 3.5in. SP-10 with a Eotech on it,with a load of #6 hevi-shot coming out of a ported patternmaster choke tube

That be a serious turk buster right there!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just gonna screw in a full choke into the extrema 2 and throw some #5 Winchester HD HV at em. I bought a new HS strut choke at bass pro I will probably throw in I guess. I shot one last yr with a bow and it was pretty cool but not really too much more exciting so I will just stick with the shotgun for both birds this yr I think.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just got it assembled so it hasn't been shot yet. Any tips on getting the red dot sighted in quickly? I picked up some targets too.

I haven't tried this, but here's an idea... Put the gun in a gun vise, aiming at your intended target, making sure it's anchored real solid with some sand bags. Fire the gun at the paper. Then, if the gun stays put, just look through your red dot and adjust it until it lines up with your pattern. Seems like it would work pretty slick to me, just as long as you can keep the gun from moving too much.

Nice gun by the way... those shur-shot stocks are very nice and feel pretty good when shouldered.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Blind Hunting- Bowtech Invasion and Grim Reaper Razor Cuts
Run and Gun- Old Model 12 with some cheap Federals.... I just cant put it up for good... She's 3 for 3....

snapper1982

remington 870 super mag sps-t thumbhole, simmons pro diamond, indian creek BDS choke, lead load win 3.5 HV 2 oz #6's.. HTL hevi 13 3.5 in 2.25 oz #7's