Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I hate taxes! I want to gouge my eyes out!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, the accountant called. . . . uuuggggghhhhhh!

It was right in the ballpark I expected. That is a first. I still don't like it. At least there were no surprises. That is about all I can say. Sucks hairy donkey dongs, but at least there were no surprises.

Probably not a surprise given where this thread has gone, but NO, we are not getting a return.

Buckmaster

Portage
I met with my accountant today at lunch. Appears I overpaid a little last year that will credit 1Q a little. I'll be writing checks tonight to the tune of a couple grand. It turned out better than I had planned.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear it Buckmaster. We were able to make an IRA contribution which reduced our tax liability, but it also meant we had to cough up some more money for the contribution. Oh well. If I live to a retirement age I guess I will be glad I put it in there when i was 35. haha

In the past we could have made the contribution and helped us on taxes, but the taxes ate up so much money we didn't have any we could spare to make the contribution. I guess it is just years of learning how to balance everything and being self disciplined with the money in the bank. There is an account that is not touched for anything but taxes. You dip into it then you can't complain about robbing another account to pay the taxes with. This is the way I have always looked at it. I am truly feeling fortunate and blessed that we were able to do this. It rarely works out this way. I can honestly say I have not talked to a lot of business friends that had their best year ever last year. We have actually pulled off our two best years in a row the last two years. I attribute it to 14 years of hard work, lots of blessings from above, and somewhat to attrition. Yep, there are more people out there who are "self employed" but fewer that are qualified to service some of the accounts we maintain. I don't want to get overly confident as things can change in a heartbeat, but I am optimistic we are positioning ourselves to be sitting on the pole position if we ever come out of this economic downturn. I think any business that survives it will be in a strong position to "boom". Right now we are just trying to set the cruise control and avoid any pile ups along the way. Let the "economic road construction" take out our competitors. hahaha Hands are on the wheel and eyes are on the horizon! Wish us luck!