Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Poacher To Pay $23K After Illegally Killing Deer

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So what's that figure out to score wise?

Fuggin' nail their asses to the wall! I love the new restitution fees tied to poaching. I would like to know how effective they are/have been however...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He should also have a lifetime ban from hunting! Look, unless these POS'S know they are taking a huge risk in being illegal when taking these monster deer it will continue to occur. How many monster 180+ deer have been poached since the very first occurance. I can think of 6 ot 7. WTF!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Holy shitzky Batman! That's a stud of a deer!!!

I wonder if what is more nerve racking: Holding a rifle and a spot light out a truck window with headlights coming your way and spilled beer on your lap or holding at full draw for 45 seconds with him at 10 steps?!? LOL!!! rotflmao

badger

*Supporting Member*
I think the fines will hurt more than stripping their hunting rights for good. Most of these assholes are going to keep poaching, a valid license don't mean squat to them. Start hurting their pocket books and then you are doing something!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Most of the guys poaching can't pay the fines and everybody knows you can't get blood from a turnip.

I know a guy that owes over 40k in back child support and still walking around free as a bird. I can see the same thing happening to these scumbags. Still free and able to do it over and over again much like drunk drivers with 5+ DUI's on their records. The system is broken and no fix in site.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Most of the guys poaching can't pay the fines and everybody knows you can't get blood from a turnip.

I know a guy that owes over 40k in back child support and still walking around free as a bird. I can see the same thing happening to these scumbags. Still free and able to do it over and over again much like drunk drivers with 5+ DUI's on their records. The system is broken and no fix in site.

Sad but true, I know a few like that as well.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

Holy shitzky Batman! That's a stud of a deer!!!

I wonder if what is more nerve racking: Holding a rifle and a spot light out a truck window with headlights coming your way and spilled beer on your lap or holding at full draw for 45 seconds with him at 10 steps?!? LOL!!! rotflmao

I don't know which one is more nerve racking, but I can guarantee I know which one is more enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm telling you guys. There is no repercussions for them if they don't pay the fine. My wifes X is the one who owes 40k and once a year (if your lucky) they pick him up on failure to comply. They toss his sorry ass in jail for the weekend and by Monday he is sitting at home tossing back a cold one without a care in the world.

Sounds impressive 24K fine but it means absolutely NOTHING.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know I got stung with a $149 speeding ticket Saturday and I've slowed my ass down.

Damn Mike. You could have bought your Husky Floor liners instead of giving it to the local police.:smiley_crocodile:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
There is a case very similar to this one in my county, except the deer is in the 180 class. The game warden won't pursue it any more because he says he didn't see it happen. There are 2 eyewitnesses and 2 other people that witnessed part of the road shooting, yet our game warden claims he has done all that he can.....I say BS! The deer was shot from the roadway out of a truck, the shooter left the scene and his buddies finished off the deer and transported it to another location untagged.....not to mention the fact that none of these guys had permission either. The game warden knows all of this information and yet is unable to make the connection and write any tickets. Several calls to his supervisors from different people have resulted in zero, zilch, nada in results.

This is one more reason I have little faith in the Ohio DNR in my area. The game warden here talks down to you like you are stupid.

Congratulations to the officers in Logan county for following up on a tip and doing their job that they are paid to do....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
There is a case very similar to this one in my county, except the deer is in the 180 class. The game warden won't pursue it any more because he says he didn't see it happen. There are 2 eyewitnesses and 2 other people that witnessed part of the road shooting, yet our game warden claims he has done all that he can.....I say BS! The deer was shot from the roadway out of a truck, the shooter left the scene and his buddies finished off the deer and transported it to another location untagged.....not to mention the fact that none of these guys had permission either. The game warden knows all of this information and yet is unable to make the connection and write any tickets. Several calls to his supervisors from different people have resulted in zero, zilch, nada in results.

This is one more reason I have little faith in the Ohio DNR in my area. The game warden here talks down to you like you are stupid.

Congratulations to the officers in Logan county for following up on a tip and doing their job that they are paid to do....

So How the hell does the TIP line work then lol. That WO is a dumbass and the entire office needs cleaned out. If they won't deal with it call the main office in Columbus. Sounds like the WO or somebody down there is friends with this paocher and doesn't want to do anything about it.

:BS:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
So How the hell does the TIP line work then lol. That WO is a dumbass and the entire office needs cleaned out. If they won't deal with it call the main office in Columbus. Sounds like the WO or somebody down there is friends with this paocher and doesn't want to do anything about it.

Here is how the tip line works.....you call and leave your tip, then they forward it to the local game warden where the violation occurred. He then follows up on the tip. The problem is that if the game warden is a piece of shit, then nothing gets done as in this case. And in this particular case the Game Warden is afraid of said poaching ring.....they have made threats against him in the past and that's why he looks the other way when their names come up.

The main office in C-bus is under new administration right now, so things are going to be slow getting anything done IMO.

I do know that this GW's immediate supervisor has been called and he just backs up the GW....they claim there is little they can do, but I and everyone else around here including some deputies know something could be done.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Here is how the tip line works.....you call and leave your tip, then they forward it to the local game warden where the violation occurred. He then follows up on the tip. The problem is that if the game warden is a piece of shit, then nothing gets done as in this case. And in this particular case the Game Warden is afraid of said poaching ring.....they have made threats against him in the past and that's why he looks the other way when their names come up.

The main office in C-bus is under new administration right now, so things are going to be slow getting anything done IMO.

I do know that this GW's immediate supervisor has been called and he just backs up the GW....they claim there is little they can do, but I and everyone else around here including some deputies know something could be done.

See that's what I'm saying about the TIP line. They didn't witness the violation but still they go and do an investigation and can still file charges based on the evidence.

Scared WO huh. Well damn I guess if I want to do something like poach I should just threaten their lives and never get in trouble, of course I thought threats like that was not legal either lol. The way I look at it, If I was a WO and didn't get at least one person or group that threatened my life I would think I wasn't doing my job lol.