Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another one....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
One more thought.

I know a lot of shitty people, many divorced, that bang their bible and they think it cures them. It doesn't.
Just like anything there are those that are real and those that aren't. The few that are not walking the path but pretend to do so make us all look bad. If we are all judged of the worst of our peers, no matter the group, then there is no good anywhere.

"First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your*brother's eye."

Even those in the group that are pretending I try not to judge to harshly without speaking to them first. All are sinners...

Back to the topic.

Everyone of the shooters were on SSRI drugs or were recently and so are many of those that commit suicide.

Some interesting reading...

http://behaviorismandmentalhealth.com/2014/09/22/mass-murderers-and-psychiatric-drugs/

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
For over 200 years a large portion of the American populace have had guns in their homes.

In the last 30 years there has been a sharp increase in shootings.

I see a large correlation in between the rise of shootings and the fall in child discipline.

Jamie

Ohio
For over 200 years a large portion of the American populace have had guns in their homes.

In the last 30 years there has been a sharp increase in shootings.

I see a large correlation in between the rise of shootings and the fall in child discipline.

in perfect unison with the onslaught of technology, social media, corrupt liberal mainstream media, and exacerbated by the ongoing disintegration of the family unit.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
in perfect unison with the onslaught of technology, social media, corrupt liberal mainstream media, and exacerbated by the ongoing disintegration of the family unit.
Adding also the glorification of violence, less personal relationships and life, in general, having less meaning.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Times have changed gentlemen... They took the Lords Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance out of schools, Hollywood started producing movies about nothing but violence. PURE GARBAGE. Lets look at Liam Neeson who stars in all the "Taken" movies. He claims America has too many F-ing guns and they all should be confiscated.. Wow... Mr. Neeson for someone that hates guns you should do make a shit load of money off the American public promoting gun violence in your movies... But that's ok... Your laughing all the way to the bank. Then along came video games.... Grand Theft Auto and more.... Just what our kids need.... Also social media, everywhere you go you all you see are kids on their cell phones.... Then the latest and greatest thing for our kids to see is this bullshit of NFL players kneeling for the National Anthem...

Brock... I ADMIRE YOU FOR HOW YOU ARE BRINGING UP YOUR SON... EVERYONE SHOULD FOLLOW IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS... JOB WELL DONE..... And yes I agree with you that punishments should be more severe... Maybe just maybe.... WE SHOULD BRING OLD SPARKY BACK.... For those that don't know what I'm referring to: It's the electric chair....

Wmiller07

I'm thinking about buying my kids that soft body armor that goes into backpacks. The only problem is right now they don't keep there backpacks beside them during the school day.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm thinking about buying my kids that soft body armor that goes into backpacks. The only problem is right now they don't keep there backpacks beside them during the school day.

Our kids here are not allowed to have backpacks in the classrooms. They can have them to come in and out of the building but must remain in their lockers.

Wmiller07

Our kids here are not allowed to have backpacks in the classrooms. They can have them to come in and out of the building but must remain in their lockers.

My kids are young so they hang their backpacks on a hook at the back of the classroom. But I didn't think about how a lot of schools have changed their rules on backpacks in the classroom. How sad. Also do they realize how dumb their rule is? Unless you are searching everyone's backpack at the door the kids can bring in whatever they want.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My kids are young so they hang their backpacks on a hook at the back of the classroom. But I didn't think about how a lot of schools have changed their rules on backpacks in the classroom. How sad. Also do they realize how dumb their rule is? Unless you are searching everyone's backpack at the door the kids can bring in whatever they want.
Most security rules are not built on sound logic. Even federally. For instance airlines. 3.5 ounce containers in a 1qt ziplock bag. If a bad guy wanted to bring an explosive on a plane what's the difference between one 17.5 ounce container of plastic explosives and five 3.5 ounce containers of plastic explosive. 17.5 ounces of flammable liquid in one tube or 17.5 ounces of flammable liquid in five 3.5 ounce tubes. Its just nonsense to make people feel safe like something is being done.

Wmiller07

Most security rules are not built on sound logic. Even federally. For instance airlines. 3.5 ounce containers in a 1qt ziplock bag. If a bad guy wanted to bring an explosive on a plane what's the difference between one 17.5 ounce container of plastic explosives and five 3.5 ounce containers of plastic explosive. 17.5 ounces of flammable liquid in one tube or 17.5 ounces of flammable liquid in five 3.5 ounce tubes. Its just nonsense to make people feel safe like something is being done.

I know it's just frustrating. They won't do what actually needs done either because they are liberal morons or they are afraid to lose their job.

Jamie

Ohio
did anyone happen to see NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch on the CNN town hall meeting last night?

Bigcountry40

I thought so also.

I disagree completely and will probably get ate up for disagreeing, I think this meeting should have happened about a month from now, when people stop making judgments/speeches based on emotions. Basically the guy is calling a for totalitarian answer to fix this problem now. This maybe the most complicated problem our nation has ever faced. Other than a security guard and armed teachers I don't know how much more you can really do. I have actual experience in working in schools, its a fricking hot mess every single day. If a person or persons want to get in and do bad things they will succeed unless they make schools like institutions (which tax payers probably would not like to fund)

Bigcountry40

I did not catch it last night but I did just spend almost 2hrs watching the entire town hall online.

I watched a few minutes, basically is wasnt a debate, It's more like "agree with us or you are morally bankrupt and evil". They can't rationally argue the facts so they define their opinion as the moral one and anyone who disagrees as immoral, uncaring, and evil.