Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FB and FS shed hunting 2017/18

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Found another DH, for a spike it had decent mass. Still hate finding them.

Finally stumbled onto a decent one! Looked all over for the other side to no avail but he could still be carrying it.

Different angle

Not bad for 1.5 hours of walking.

Reactions: twireman

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron is on the board! Found the left side of one of our target bucks and it happens to be the one I missed during archery season off the ground at 37-38 yards away. Ugh, still haunts me.

Ron found the same side not too far from where he found this side. Here are the two side together.

Congratulations bro!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I had an EPIC find tonight after work! I matched up our #1 target deer by finding the right side from last year. I hunted very hard for it last spring, but came up empty handed. Well, I put that to rest tonight! I found it within 150 yards of its mate, but a year apart. Hardly any rodent damage to boot! I was extremely blessed tonight to find it.
Ric will post pics shortly;)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron rushed home from work to get a quick walk in before dark on our farm to find the mate to the target bucks shed he found a few days ago. When I got the call at about 5:30 of him panting like a dog in heat I knew he found something good but I wasn’t prepared to hear just how special it was! You know as mentioned earlier in this thread that he found this bucks left side not too far from where he found the same side of this past years left side. The right side of last years rack was very unique and big sporting two main beams. He looked all over for it and it never turned up so we figured it got dropped on another property. Here is a pic of the buck after he shed the side Ron eventually found. The pic came from our neighbor Austin.

Here’s that side he found this evening about a year after the pic above was taken.

He also found another nice year or two old shed laying nearby.

Here are his finds together

Here are our target bucks sheds he’s found so far. We’re hoping by the end of this thread we can add it to the set.

It will be fun chasing him this fall and seeing how much he grows.

Last edited: