Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Atl shed photo shed

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20180218_173639.jpg

Last years but better than nothing.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is an old one and the last shed I've found. Also the only one I ever cared to find. I walked miles and miles looking for this thing, found it eventually completely by accident.

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 391

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Was walking an old quad trail in the hollow. Look up a steep hillside to a bench and caught a glimpse.

I took the pic halfway up once I confirmed it was an antler.

Then I was in for an odd surprise.

Not sure if these were EHd deaths from late summer or they died last season. Or maybe they locked together and the rodents freed them up and the yotes pulled them apart? Who knows.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I dug up a few of my favorite matched set finds.

Look in the background of the first pic and you can see the other side. They were about 100 yards off of a food plot in the timber where we would watch him come from during late season.

Ringo ATL.jpg Ringo sheds.jpg

And this is my biggest matched set find ever. I couldn't believe it when I spotted them from about 50 yds away. It's funny that feeling you get when you spot one you are really hoping to find!!! Sort of like finding the Holy Grail, but better!

Both sides were around 80 inches. To this day I still wonder it he had bedded in the corn field, or if they just dropped at the same time while he was passing through??? The following year I found his sheds about 100yds apart from each other, and about 200 yards from this spot.

Jokers sheds.jpg

Reactions: Sgt Fury

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Congrats on the finds! Steep terrain around that shed it looks like. Travel route from bedding to food or a spot a buck would lay down a spell?
All of the above.lol.. good travel corridor but I've also seen them just lay wherever in this area. Where it was laying gets good mid-day sun so it is hard to say really.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
ATLABC. As they lay,already been chewed. Not sure of dropped and chewed on or broken off and chewed on. Didn't look like it had been there too long. Probably dropped and chewed IMG_20180220_155507.jpgIMG_20180220_155517.jpg