Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Putting it all back in place......

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm not going to lie: I just stole this off of Hoot. Just a little food for thought....

We're all guilty of it. We see a hunter with mismatched camo with an old single-shot 12-gauge. And he's sporting his deer he just harvested on the back of his old truck. It's a doe or more than likely a smaller buck. But he's happy, and grinning from ear-to-ear like he just killed the new world record! So you laugh and joke with your buddies as he goes by. While leaning against your brand new truck, in your name brand matching camo. But have you ever stopped to think that maybe the deer on the back of his truck means a lot more to him than just big antlers.... maybe he's a third shift blue collar worker at the local steel mill, just trying to pay his bills and keep gas in his old truck. Maybe he don't have the fancy game cameras and big food plots that you have. Or the big fancy hunting blinds, that cost more than his old truck. Maybe he's happy because he finally didn't have to work this weekend. So he decided to go hunting on the little piece of land that he's hunted since he was a boy, with the gun that his dad gave him when he turned 12 years old. More than likely he's not hunting to kill the next World Record. He could care less about the antlers. But what he does care about is putting food on the table for his family at home, and knowing that they're going to eat good for now. And that my friends will put a smile on any true sportsmans face. So good luck to all the hunters out there with the rest of your season. Just remember this, support each other and be happy for each other, no matter how big their harvest is, because to some folks it means a lot more then the size of the antlers.

Joey Bruce
Owner of
SAD DADDY HUNTING BLINDS.

You never know what sorta struggle the other guy/gal is going through.... Maybe we could make a difference. Maybe not, but hopefully so.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Probably trying to get his woman to beat his ass around the house some more........ Hoot is a trip! Seems to be doing OK though.

Bigcountry40

I wish steel mill job still existed for our generation! lol, but this really does show the cross roads our hobby/lifestyle/sport is at, hate that it came from a guy trying to sell another hunting product. I mean his blind are only 1500.00 and higher

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw this earlier today as well, puts things in perspective for sure, and BC40 is correct. Would meant more coming from someone else not trying to make a buck off of hunters...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The whole thing is about the quote (Just like success on a deer) by complaining about his blinds, sounds like you guys are looking at the antlers........

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So do I brother. And I am guilty as charged like many others. But now that I have killed some big ones.... I realize how much of the fun can be lost in just looking for the horns.
I like the challenge, personally. Like I said on hoots post, to each their own.