Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ozone gadgets

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's mine at work. Lol

I can't see it for all the smoke! LOL Does the smoke alarm spook the deer? LOL

Seriously, I like the concept, but what do you use for the smoke? Apple wood for example?

I knew an old guy who hunted a ridge property line every year for deer in rifle season and the only thing he did was build a big fire next to the same old Maple tree and sit up against that tree on an old metal bucket. He killed his deer every year that way, both bucks and does, and not a few of them were nice Pa. bucks back in the 60's and 70's. He shot the first thing legal that came by and almost always before noon on the first day. Back then we had a 2 week buck season that started on the Monday after Thanksgiving and ended 2 Saturdays later. Then a 2 day doe season that started the following Monday. He hung everything he shot for days to season them then stripped them to bleached bone when he butchered them. He and his wife ate everything on that deer. Heart, lung tongue, kidneys, liver and brain.

I miss that old guy and his red plaid "Pennsylvania Tuxedo" from Woolrich. I miss his pipe smoke too and that old 300 Savage Lever. He had an old stag handled Case Knife and La Cross Green rubber boots with patches on them.

Blan37

SW Ohio
I read somewhere that ozone is basically like bleach (an oxidizer) and that it makes plastics and rubber brittle over time. I'm not sure I want to put my gear in that stuff. I'll stick to smoke.

I read somewhere that ozone is basically like bleach (an oxidizer) and that it makes plastics and rubber brittle over time. I'm not sure I want to put my gear in that stuff. I'll stick to smoke.

I believe you are correct on that. But that would be at higher amounts and over a period of time. I am testing the thing primarily against those wayward wind situations. I don't believe the hype nor do I believe it is a short cut to short circuit a deer's nose either.

No method of scent control can work completely. What does work is being down wind of their nose.

Buckmaster

Portage
I miss that old guy and his red plaid "Pennsylvania Tuxedo" from Woolrich. I miss his pipe smoke too and that old 300 Savage Lever. He had an old stag handled Case Knife and La Cross Green rubber boots with patches on them.

Me TOO Mickey. Those were the PA glory days.

Attachments

• PA Deer.jpg
    PA Deer.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 140

Blan37

SW Ohio
I use hickory too. Stay away from cherry - used that once last year and it coated my smoker with a bunch of thick sticky creosote.