Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

all weather jacket -

teej89

NE PA
Teej so I hunted last Friday an LAYERED up and I wasn't that cold it was -15 with wind chill. I am thinking that if I am going to spend that type of money I want to know its a WARM jacket. I looked at those and they seem very well built - just seem light weight.

have you worn it deer hunting in say 30 degrees and not been as layered? keep you pretty warm?

Yeah at 30 degrees I'd just wear a long sleeve tee under it

I prefer lightweight and fitted over the bulkier heavier jackets and this jacket breathes real well. All I wore during the day it was in the negatives was an under armor base layer, a thermal and then a long tee on top of it. 30MPH wind started ripping and I threw a down vest on under it and I was perfect but then when we hiked out the rest of the day I just took off the vest and wore the jacket and wasn't over heated.

Just 1 More

sitka jetstream, you'd think it was a light weight jacket but I wore it in -10 degrees in montana this year, it's all about the underlayers.

I've got a 3xl jetsream jacket subalpine no tags washed never hunt in that i'd let go for $180.00

I have the Cabelas wooltimate pants and coat. Kinda wish I had the bibs but as long as a layer is tucked in the pants the wind is kept out. Coat is awesome. Very warm and quiet and has wind shear that helps block out the wind that is always blowing in the opening flat ground here. Pants are heavy but if you undo the side leg zippers walking in you don’t get as sweaty walking in. In the end it’s all about layering. Cabelas usually has 50% off sales every year after cmas. Can get them for under $100 each.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Anyone in the market for any new hunting clothes, head over to cabela’s website. Lots of deals to be had on both layers and outer wear.