Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New toy from the Cambridge gun show last Saturday.

FredT

SE Ohio
Got me a new to me rifle last Saturday at the Cambridge gun show. Got a nice Marlin in .444 Reminton. I will probably make it another cast bullet shooter. Do you think it will stop a coyote or will the bullets bounce off of his chest? I think the buttstock has nice figure.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like the butt stock as well. Nice piece. As for the coyotes? We should be asking you the questions. I think you know the answer. lol

FredT

SE Ohio
Because of the volume I like to shoot, almost everything save for the .17 Mach IV gets some kind of cast.

FredT

SE Ohio
i should have you work up some loads for my 22-250 fred

Mr. Hodgen loved a load he developed for his .22-250. It was 38 grains of that powder he later named H380. In the Speer book for a 55 grain projectile, 38 grains is starting, 42.0 compressed is max.

My favorite with the 55 grainer is 35 grains of H4895.

Use your books, see what your gun likes. Load sanely.

good find. I like the stock too looks great I have one in 45-70. I dont understand why marlin can't ever seem to match the forend and butt stocks I see a lot of marlin leveractions like that and not just newly manufactured one but old ones too. The 1895s are damn accurate rifles too you'll like it.