Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interview

Wmiller07

Yes it is time to make a decision. I'm 95% sure I'm going to take it but I'm still going to talk to my boss about it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yes it is time to make a decision. I'm 95% sure I'm going to take it but I'm still going to talk to my boss about it.

Don't know all your details, but would caution against this unless your boss is also a trusted friend. Potentially treacherous situation to discuss outside offers (I'm assuming you'd be leaving companies) with management, especially if you decide on the 5% and stay. That said, I am very open with my boss about my continued search for another job (my salary is paid by a federal grant which could expire 9/18/18) due to the "temporary" nature of my employment. My decision to do so is knowing my value and making sure he's aware I'll leave, so if he wants to keep me, he'd better get creative. I feel I have the upper-hand in the conversation, which is why I even broach it. However "ultimatum" type discussions around job offers are typically advised against.

All that said, good luck in making your decision! Career stuff can be nerve-wracking at times!

Wmiller07

Engineering is a strange business. The only way to get a decent raise is change jobs or threaten to leave because you have another offer. By talking to my boss I more meant put my two weeks in and tell him why I'm leaving and see what he says

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Engineering is a strange business. The only way to get a decent raise is change jobs or threaten to leave because you have another offer. By talking to my boss I more meant put my two weeks in and tell him why I'm leaving and see what he says

Engineers are definitely different... rotflmao

Good luck man! Exciting times for sure.

Wmiller07

Engineers are definitely different... rotflmao

Good luck man! Exciting times for sure.

Man you aren't kidding. I have met some very strange people throughout the years. One of my favorites was this guy that was probably 100 lbs overweight telling a pregnant woman that there is no reason pregnant women should gain much extra weight. He said they should just eat an extra piece of fruit or something haha.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just because a person proves they're smart by academic standards, doesn't mean their socially smart. I know some retarded geniuses and most are engineers.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just because a person proves they're smart by academic standards, doesn't mean their socially smart. I know some retarded geniuses and most are engineers.

Couldn’t have said it any better. Especially in aviation.... Holy shit you’d think it was a prerequisite.

Wmiller07

Yep me too. I accepted the offer and talked to my boss and they made no attempt to keep me so I'm out of here!