Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

10 tips on staying warm in cold weather

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This article is why I rarely consume any sort of mass marketed content these days. It's all old hat. Sure, those are all great suggestions, but 9 of them are common sense. The one thing I will give her credit for pointing out that doesn't see much press is lining the floor of a blind with hay. Other than that, tell me something I didn't know...

Bigcountry40

This article is why I rarely consume any sort of mass marketed content these days. It's all old hat. Sure, those are all great suggestions, but 9 of them are common sense. The one thing I will give her credit for pointing out that doesn't see much press is lining the floor of a blind with hay. Other than that, tell me something I didn't know...

She's actually the real deal, but her voice annoys me (probably because its similar to mine), how the hell am I supposed to carry alll this shit. Better add pack mule to the list

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I feel the article is written more for the new comers to cold weather hunting.

Bigcountry40

I always wear a under armor dry fit and take it off when I get to stand and put on a long john shirt. I sweat no matter what when I walk to the stand and changing and drying my swear tends to work for me .

Lundy

When it was really cold while I was deer hunting I had two primary steps to stay warm. Close the windows and turn up the heater. Worked every time:D