Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late Gun Season

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It sucks you can't go gun in the last round but there is always ML in January.
My niece just left know they had to cancel out as she is doing a Christmas Coats for Kids collection drive this weekend. Asked my son if he would go with me and he said he would. Hopefully I can break in my TC Encore 460 S&W rifle.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just called a property owner to let him know about the bonus weekend. Sometimes when he is in town he likes to jump on his old tractor and drive the property to check things out. Thought he'd want to know. He appreciated it and it's always nice to catch up on conversation. I'd like to head out but I'm out of tags and my son isn't interested. Maybe I'll sit with my AR and watch for coyotes. Been seeing some here and there but too busy salting the snow away to call any.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't think you should do that.

Probably won't. Likely will be sleeping in. There is time to shoot coyotes after the gun seasons or in between. Nothing illegal about it so long as it is daylight hours though. Please correct me if I am wrong.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
And I stand corrected. Sincere thanks for pointing out the obvious to a guy working on 2hrs sleep. Derrrrrrrr. Hadn't even thought about it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
And I stand corrected. Sincere thanks for pointing out the obvious to a guy working on 2hrs sleep. Derrrrrrrr. Hadn't even thought about it.
We're here for ya, Phil. Sorry I missed your call last night, had to shovel the driveway at 1am when I got home.

Good luck to everyone heading out on the weekend! Already have the truck packed and plan on leaving immediately after work tomorrow. With spotty reception, not sure if I will be back online or not once I am at camp.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
NE (below the snow belt) we have 5-6”s on the ground. My skid plate on the truck left an impression in the snow when I checked for tracks on both farms today.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
grounds covered in knox and richland just enough to cover the grass. think were gonna get some more tonight, corn will be king if you have a good field around you.