Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chad's 2017 Yote Trapping

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hey Chad - I don't know what u use for your dirt holes, but you may want to give this stuff a shot. I was at a local trapping convention and one of the best known local coyote guys did a demo and swears by it. Says it is all he uses. I can't speak from personal experience as I never got around to trying it after buying it.

View attachment 58877
Whatever I'm using doesn't work😂. I'll look into it, preciate it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Caught a very nice male red today. The first time I set foot on the property this year I noticed an abundance of fox sign, told myself if I caught one I'd keep it to get tanned. I turned that bat on my lathe out of Osage that groundhog Cole gave me from his grandpa's farm, worked like a charm😎

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks fellas! He's on the stretcher now. My buddy Eric was kind enough to put him up for me since I don't have any fox stretchers.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Thanks fellas! He's on the stretcher now. My buddy Eric was kind enough to put him up for me since I don't have any fox stretchers.

Really cool of him too do that. I was about too ask you about that

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Decided to do a late night snare check with my buddy Josh and use my new yote hunting light. Well, we spotted eyes from 300 yards where I knew I had a snare. We drove down the field edge, I got out to walk around the corner of the thick edge and found a big catch circle with a yote in it.

Smaller female, fur wasn't that nice but a dead yote none the less. Boy was that fun😂