Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

More WV success

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
To say it was a difficult few days hunting in West Virginia for our group is an understatement. By far the worst rifle season we have seen. I was fortunate to have a nice 7 point come by at daylight Monday. After that I sat with my son the rest of the morning and he passed a spike...the only other deer we saw opening morning. The rest of the group did no better. The afternoon and next day were just as slow. We have 22 acres surrounded by Wildlife Management Area. In the past few seasons what used to be thick browse and cover has matured into tall trees with nothing on the forest floor. The DNR is doing nothing to "manage" the deer other than liberal seasons.

Anyhow, it was still a good time with family and friends and some great food. My Dad smoked the turkey my son killed in NC with JoeJoe.

IMG_1512.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The Jug. Man, I miss that drive. Stringtown is one of my favorite places. Actually thought about hitting up LW WMA before my tag expires. I know that place pretty well and there are a few landowners that would probably welcome me back.