Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smoking up

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I smoke the crap out of everything before each hunt including me.
Havn't had one deer bust me this year and have had lots downwind,always cool to see their heads go straight up testing the wind and then going back to what they were doing.
And Brock is right.. dont tote it.
I leave my clothes hang in the barn.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I smoke the crap out of everything before each hunt including me.
Havn't had one deer bust me this year and have had lots downwind,always cool to see their heads go straight up testing the wind and then going back to what they were doing.
And Brock is right.. dont tote it.
I leave my clothes hang in the barn.
I think he's talking about blowing smoke into the tote. I keep mine in a tote all year but don't blow smoke into it. I smoke up before each hunt.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Gotcha,i will put my clothes in a big duffel bag, i dont like the smell of the plastic totes.
But yea dont smoke the clothes inside those totes.
I smoke the tote by itself to take any unnatural smell out. I can't keep my clothes in a duffel bag throughout the season, too many unwanted odors would get in.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I smoke the tote by itself to take any unnatural smell out. I can't keep my clothes in a duffel bag throughout the season, too many unwanted odors would get in.
Not if it's a good duffel they seal shut nice and keep,unwanted odors out. Bout same as a tote just none of that stinky plastic smell. And smoking the tote is the same as smoking it with clothes in it,it still stinks. Lol
But could just be your underwear. Ha!
But like giles said,it's simple..why make it hard to the guys thinking of not smoking.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Not if it's a good duffel they seal shut nice and keep,unwanted odors out. Bout same as a tote just none of that stinky plastic smell. And smoking the tote is the same as smoking it with clothes in it,it still stinks. Lol
But could just be your underwear. Ha!
But like giles said,it's simple..why make it hard to the guys thinking of not smoking.
I've never had any problems with a tote lol. It's not that hard, pretty easy to throw my clothes in.

Jason Short

Wayne County
Anyone ever try the smoke and go back to not using it? Does a scent killing laundry detergent get rid of the smoke smell? I'm thinking about trying it but don't want the smoke scent stuck in my clothes if I decide to go back to not using it.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Anyone ever try the smoke and go back to not using it? Does a scent killing laundry detergent get rid of the smoke smell? I'm thinking about trying it but don't want the smoke scent stuck in my clothes if I decide to go back to not using it.

I notice no smoke smell after washing. But I don't know of but a few who stopped using smoke they seen it work so well.