Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Annual TOO Muzzy Hunt (Vinton Furnace): Discussion Thread

Gordo

Athens County
Just saw this.

Camping is good iniative to get myself there. Always good shooting the shit over a fire with this crew.

We'll survive givin two conditions:

1.) Lots o shit to burn(a super white man fire; can be seen from outer space type shit)

And......

2.) Booze. 'Sleeping' in cars sucks nuts, but 'passing out' in one is never a problem.

Gotta talk to my pops before I commit and see when he is coming down for a hunt, but sounds like a good field trip for January. Be ready to boogy outta the house for a night after the holidays

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Travis and I came down the day before last year and slept in the back of the excursion. We had some good sleeping bags and even though it was single digits we stayed warm.

They were the Cabellas Mountain Trapper bags. Heavy canvas outside with flannel inside. Pretty steep at 129 but itll be the last one you every buy and it'll keep you warm.

The pink one is on sale for 60. Lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The campground at the equine area is pretty nice and would make a sweet place for us to meet up. Hopefully it doesn't get shut down before then.

I need to scout some more ground yet. It's textbook thick in the area I checked near camp. I'll make another trip this week and cover some more ground.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My plan is to hunt our farm on Saturday AM, then I will head towards the campground at the Equine Area on AEP w/ a noon ETA. I will verify that it is open next week. Figure we can sort out hunt details for the afternoon once we get there. I'll bring all the wood for a white man fire that night, we'll hunt the AM however we decide and can meet up with the stragglers at camp around 9-10AM and proceed like we normally do. Looks like it will warm up thankfully!

Bigcountry40

I'm out on the Muzzle loader hunt, my kids had a rough christmas vacation with bad colds, ear/eye infections, my wife is pretty wore out for the year and would like me hunting close. sorry boys