Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maybe I am late,.... Chris Brackett and Indiana Poaching!!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Sad part is between Brackett Outdoors and Arrow Affliction, he was pretty cool. We had beers with him down at deerassic and he was just like one of the guys. Last 2 years there, there was an attitude about him. Try and talk to him at his booth, his nose was in the computer "editing" and again did not have time for you. Everybody makes mistakes, but doing it on film says something.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You know I had about the same situation last Saturday when I shot my buck and watch it walk away. While waiting a hour I see another deer in the brush. What to do. I got my camera out and waited. Never a thought of shooting a buck of my life time but would have gotten some nice damn photos. As it was it turned out to be a doe.

Jamie

Ohio
I'm barely a Christian and it pisses me off and exemplifies why I'm still "barely" a Christian.

X4, and I'm the polar opposite of a Christian (that means I'm a proud pagan, btw). this douchedick is liar and a criminal, but he loves Jesus, so it's ok and we should forgive him? gimme a break. Can't we just stone him to death or shoot him in the guts with a rusty Snuffer instead?

Reactions: GoetsTalon

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There is remorse and there is regret. Does he regret it happening because he got caught? Or is he truly remorseful? I will never know because I don't care. Never cared for his show. Don't care if he ends up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Lundy

I don't think he is a whole lot different than a large percentage of hunters today except he did it on film and got caught.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't think he is a whole lot different than a large percentage of hunters today except he did it on film and got caught.

I am sure it happens. I would hope it is not a "large percentage." That would be disheartening.

Lundy

I did not say majority but I fully believe a large percentage of hunters are unethical lawbreakers. It is my opinion that I only base this from what I have personally seen and heard from the offenders themselves. It could be as simple as shooting late or early, not tagging one deer they just shot prior to killing a second deer, having a friend or wife tag their deer so they can hunt another one, party hunting, poaching, trespassing to hunt, stealing stands and game cameras, road hunting, trespassing to recover a deer. those are just the laws that you know as well as I do are broken with knowledge on a regular basis. Then there are the ethics that may be even more violated in quantity and frequency.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have seen much of this too Lundy. Bits and pieces here and there. Not constant. Sounds like you have experienced way too much of this. I'm sorry to read this. You didn't even cover unethical shots from law abiding hunters. That in itself made me quit taking tracking calls with my dog unless I knew the person and simply wanted to help them. I got very disheartened following tracks of wounded deer. Dog won't find a deer that keeps moving.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I've never been a big fan of his . I guess his ego turned me off . First time I met him about 8 yrs ago he just gave off a douchebag vibe .

I hope he gets his shit together and embraces his newfound Christianity . But I doubt we see him on TV again.

I think the majority of TV guys are decent . Some I can't stand to watch but I admire their commitment . It is not in any way easy to lay down footage and produce a decent hunting show .

Update on this, looks like he plead guilty. "Brackett admitted that he transported the second buck back to his home in Illinois. Sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 5. Brackett has already agreed to 30-months probation with the condition that during the 30 months he will be banned from hunting world wide. He has also agreed to $3,500 in restitution to the State of Indiana and to pay a $26,500 fine. "

https://thehuntingnews.com/former-h...rd5_uG7MV2tbsxEHGu-OZGD6N_LWU-o2RBWirzvUpnTDc