Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got r done

Zeke_19

Hey guys, I️’ve been laying low for a while since 11/2. Good news is that the deer I️ shot low a week and a half ago has been on camera a couple times and I’ve seen him 3 times since but never within range. I’ve been setting up in the same area with my climber (not as high as before) trying to get a shot at redemption.

I️ set up this afternoon around 1, a benefit of being in between jobs in November. I️ have to admit I️ didn’t have much confidence given the lack of activity recently. A few buddies hunt the property as well and haven’t seen much over the last week and my brother and I️ sat all day Friday and only saw 3 does. I was hoping there were still a few does that have not yet given up the goods and that things would break loose again. I bumped two does on the way to my spot and it was slow for a couple of hours after I️ got set up.

Around 4, I️ saw an old warrior buck with a busted rack chasing a doe. This doe had him running wind sprints across the neighbors horse pasture for an hour. She gave him the slip on the other side of the pasture so he comes onto our property searching. He heads to a beading area behind me but I️ know there’s nothing there. He’s limping badly and has a tear in his left ear from fighting. I’ve seen him square off with two bucks this season and he’s been all over the trail cams. I️ decided that I️ would take him tonight when he comes back out of the thicket and heads for the pasture. As I️ waited, another buck I️ haven’t seen before from the stand or on our cams steps out of the thicket in front of me and starts heading my way. After I️ got my bow and ranged him at 25 he veered away and behind a few trees. He took a few more steps into an opening and I️ stopped him at 35 yards. Hit him a little back but he was quartering away. He jumped and ran back into the thicket then I️ saw him flop. Didn’t go 30 yards.

No one around for good pics but the bum in between jobs so this is the best I️ could do until tomorrow. I’ve enjoyed following the TOO this year and all of the help you guys offered a few weeks ago. Congrats to everyone who’s found success this year and good luck to everyone still pursuing!

New job starts 11/27.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on a great buck. Good to hear the buck you shot earlier is on camera again you have seen it so all is well there.
Good to hear about the new job.