Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalope's Coon Trapping Bonanza

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Over/under? 4? I'll take the over.

Gotta be one shit outta luck coon as we speak
Hopefully! I like your optimism. Not sold on the marshmallows as bait though. I think they'll work in close but i doubt they'll pull them any real distance. Just not a lot of smell to them. I'll be adding some minced clams tomorrow. It'll increase the opossum catch but should pull the coons in too.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hold off until you see what happens Joe. A cotton ball with Vanilla extract will help the marshmallows. I was suprised what the marshmallows did. But I cut them in half and it lets out more smell. Minced clams may draw in Pepe Lepew also.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hold off until you see what happens Joe. A cotton ball with Vanilla extract will help the marshmallows. I was suprised what the marshmallows did. But I cut them in half and it lets out more smell. Minced clams may draw in Pepe Lepew also.
Yeah that sounds skunky

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
5 traps in so far.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not bad!!!
Meh. Not bad but not stellar. I'm sure the rain didn't help. I went ahead and added the minced clams. I can only run them on Saturday and Sunday so i'll leave them sprung tomorrow. If there's a skunk I'll just shoot it then remove it next Friday when I reset.