Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I don’t get it!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm thinking a show needs to be started for the real-world hunter. I could see a market for filmed hunts, filmed by hunters like many of us on this forum. Probably no money in it to making a living on but it would be neat to see the hunts of fellow friends. Hard part would be purchasing filming and editing equipment. I'm thinking of filming this weekend's youth hunt if I can get the equipment. I've gotten to a point where I would rather spend time helping others hunt and pass on my limited knowledge than hunt myself. Youth hunt is something I look forward to every year!
There are some on youtube. Theres a lot of Waddel wanna bes too though. A lot of the guys on Midwest Whitetail hunt public land and or put in their dues, i've enjoyed their show over the years.

HillBuck

Union Co
There are some on youtube. Theres a lot of Waddel wanna bes too though. A lot of the guys on Midwest Whitetail hunt public land and or put in their dues, i've enjoyed their show over the years.

Seems like shows now are only concerned with advertising. Very limited amount of actual hunting going on. I understand why they need to advertise but GEEZ, it is a little too much. All hunting shows follow the same script: 5 minutes of advertising followed by 10 minutes of suspenseful music while the guy drives to his hunting spot and meets the "guides" followed by another 10 minutes of advertising and ending with 3 minutes of more suspenseful music while the deer gets shot and 2 minutes of the hunter explaining how it would have never been possible without the help of his $1500 worth of scents, clothes, ozonics, and the 4 years worth of trail cam photos that he didnt even collect. It's CRAZY!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

That ^^^^ says it all! Even though I grew tired of the Booyah I did know the footage he put down would usually be pretty good. That was until I saw the video of him bitching out his camera man. Man what an asshole. Shooting the second buck in one night didn't show him in the true light that bitch session did.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If I'm not mistaken, this isn't his first time getting in trouble with the law? Is this correct? Or am I just thinking it isn't the first time he's been shown to be a complete douche?

Bobcat

If you're looking for a hunting show that isn't just the same old dudes sitting in a blind, and filled with a hundred ads, I highly recommend MeatEater with Steven Rinella. A few seasons of it are on Netflix, and it also airs on the Sportsman's Channel. It's mainly western hunting, and not much whitetail, but it's easily the best all-around hunting show I've ever seen. It's professionally done, they go to some amazing places and it's really educational as well. His podcast is also fantastic. Can't recommend it enough.