Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Indiana buck down

tpierce

Thanks for the comments guys. I hunted Wednesday night without seeing anything. But there were about 40 deer in the bean field after legal shooting time, so we stayed in our stands until they moved out so we didn't blow them out. Got down at 7:00pm.
Thursday, we were in stands at 6:30am. I hunted same stand I killed buck from. Still had 2 anterless tags to fill. My nephew was in same tree line 400 yds south of me. He texted me at 9:00 said there were 2 does& 2 button bucks headed my way. About 9:30 I see them cross the field to a point 60 yds from me and disappear into the woods. So I snacked and about 45 m later I caught movement directly across the field from. I put the binos up and see the same 4 deer are still there. I hit the bleat call 3 times, and they started over to meet . I shot the first button buck at 30 yds. He walks 30 feet behind my tree, wobbles and lays down. The other 3 walked in behind him looking like wtf? I had the cover of the tree, so I quietly recocked the crossbow while they milled around. They started to move south and I picked an opening and fired at the biggest doe. I hit her good and she mule kicked and walked off. She piled up 30 yds away. All this was within 10 minutes!
Needless to say I was thrilled. We had them skinned and hanging in the cooler in the next 2 hours.

Last edited:

tpierce

Thanks for the comments guys. I hunted Wednesday night without seeing anything. But there were about 40 deer in the bean field after legal shooting time, so we stayed in our stands until they moved out so we didn't blow them out. Got down at 7:00pm.
Thursday, we were in stands at 6:30am. I hunted same stand I killed buck from. Still had 2 anterless tags to fill. My nephew was in same tree line 400 yds south of me. He texted me at 9:00 said there were 2 does& 2 button bucks headed my way. About 9:30 I see them cross the field to a point 60 yds from me and disappear into the woods. So I snacked and about 45 m later I caught movement directly across the field from. I put the binds up see the same 4 deer are still there. I hit the bleat call 3 times, and they started over to me. I shot the first button buck at 30 yds. He walks 30 feet behind my tree, wobbles and lays down. The other 3 walked in behind him looking like wtf? I had the cover of the tree, so I quietly recocked the crossbow while the milled around. They started to move south and I picked an opening and fired at the biggest doe. I hit her good and she mule kicked and walked off. She piled up 30 yds away. All this was within 10 minutes!
Needless to say I was thrilled. We had them skinned and hanging in the cooler in the next 2 hours.
Pics