Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One of the crappy things about trail cams......

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I would definitely be looking at a new route to and from the stand. Like Big_holla said its almost like they're laid up where they can see you walk in or out. Or they hear your truck arrive and leave where you park. Somethings up.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
The farm is mainly river bottom timber, so access is never perfect. I came in with a blacked-out electric buggy to try and not stir them up too bad.
One of the other cams I checked showed Droopy (the 10 point) about 3/4 mile south about 3 hours earlier. So he was covering some ground!

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
And while I was hunting the other side of the farm yesterday morning....
This is one we call Wideload.

Wideload.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So who is dropping me off here?
And from what (a car/truck/quad/tricycle)?
And from what road/direction?
Idk man, seems like you have a quad. I've seen two people fit on them, and I'd probably take the same road you came in on. Have your driver do a couple donuts on the way out, the deer love it.

rsmith

Hahaha that’s why it’s hunting man. All a big chess game. Never going to forget last year I was lowering my bow down to get out of the stand after a 5 hour sit, after checking all directions to make sure no deer were around I lower it down and as soon as I am about to climb down a nice 9 walks directly under me and starts sniffing my bow. He then looks up at me, then sniffs the bow again and then walks off and starts making a scrape at 20 yards. All I could do was sit there and wait it out. Hopefully you will get a crack at either of those deer soon though but if I was you I would hang a stand right near that spot if you already haven’t hahah.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hahaha that’s why it’s hunting man. All a big chess game. Never going to forget last year I was lowering my bow down to get out of the stand after a 5 hour sit, after checking all directions to make sure no deer were around I lower it down and as soon as I am about to climb down a nice 9 walks directly under me and starts sniffing my bow. He then looks up at me, then sniffs the bow again and then walks off and starts making a scrape at 20 yards. All I could do was sit there and wait it out. Hopefully you will get a crack at either of those deer soon though but if I was you I would hang a stand right near that spot if you already haven’t hahah.

Wow, what a kick in the jewels [emoji15] I hate deer

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

.... and the deer thinks . .. stoopid hunter...lol