Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Gear/Equipment Hoarding

Jal5

+1 on this. I've used them for years. The key thing is to put them on early before your free catch a chill. They work very well.

I tried it later once you are cold they don’t work as well. Now I put them on with the hand wArmers as soon as i climb up and sit

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dan-O that camera will be fine. I've got three of the Terra 5's and they work just fine. I may have to run to Dick's and see if they've got any more of the 10's on sale.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the review on the boot warmers. I picked up a pair today. I also got a Boss Buck decoy. After I burned thru my Cabelas Bucks, I was out $62. Thanks for the heads up on the sale Mike. I would not have dropped $50 on them. For $29 I'll try them. Dang cold feet.

TF- I am failing here. Supposed to be clearing stuff out. I'm adding more.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bought one of those screw in cup holders today. Need somewhere to put my bad ass RTIC TOO decal cup that Rick gave me. Hot apple cider to warm the core and put up some apple scent during those long sits next week.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Was just at the bow shop getting a few new nockturnals and a portable phone charger caught my eye... looked at it for a couple of minutes thinking it might be nice to have for days like today... then i remembered i have an even better one at home.
I have a milwaukee heated jacket (ya im a puss) that has a 12v 2.0ah battery. It came with an adapter with a usb port for charging a phone while in yoir pocket. I guess i will have to start packing that with me to.
By the way i would highly recomend one of those jackets to anyone they are the cats ass. Just wish my wife would have got the camo one...
If your planning on charging your phone and using the heater together you better pack at least one extra battery. Charging your phone chews up the 12v battery

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My rut bag is all packed in prep for a week of all day sits.

Rattling Horns
License and tags.
Rangefinder
Extra screw in hooks
Hothands
Gloves
Grunt tube
Bleat tube
Screw in cuphokder
12 oz yetti cup
2 cans of dip
20 oz Spit bottle
Headlight
Evercalm
10 foot of cord
Gutting knife
Phone battery charger
2 big slim jims
Peanuts
2 brownies
Candy
20 0z pepsi
Tp/alieve/benadryl/amodium/alcohol pads/gauze/tape.

All thats left tomorrow morning is a thermos of soup and a thermos of hot apple cider.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good luck Joe.
Its that damn full rut bag. Sucker can pack a lot of stuff. I went through a phase for a few years where i got rid of my bag and said i'm only taking what fits in my pockets. This only resulted in me buying or not buying camo based on the number of pockets. Lmao.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
It's a double edged sword. Made a 6.5 hour sit today comfortable with a stockpile of food and drinks. I've done the cargo pockets full many times. Lol

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I think I'm going to have to start toting a backpack. I can only stuff so much shit in my pockets. The ol bowbat will have to do for this season though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I'm going to have to start toting a backpack. I can only stuff so much shit in my pockets. The ol bowbat will have to do for this season though.
I carried the Bow bat XL for my all day sit Saturday. Along with that I had a Boss Buck decoy, and an XL bag chair for the blind. 300yds across a plowed field. By the time I got in I thought I was carrying a 76 Catalina.