Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Annual Veterans Deer Hunt 2017

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Its that time of year again and Im excited as hell about it. This coming Friday I will be heading to Lima. Friday we will qualify with our bows, meet our guides and find out where we will be hunting. There will be about 45 hunters there this weekend. Since I have been to quite a few of these Ive become friends with a lot of the area leaders and guides. I already know that I will be hunting inside the Lima Tank Plant property, seems like I hunt inside this area almost every year. I spoke with the area Leader and he told me that the blind they are planning to have me in has had 4 nice bucks cruising by. This hunt is pretty much a guaranteed meat hunt. As far as the bucks go, my guide, who Im with every year, knows that I still am looking to get my first buck and that I wont shoot just anything. This is supposed to be a "Brown its down" hunt. We will see how that goes. Ill update this thread as things start moving on Saturday. We hunt Saturday morning, stop for munch, then get back out for the afternoon. Come back in for dinner and then go to our hotel rooms. We will hunt Sunday morning and the stop for lunch, then head home. Daylight savings will come into play on Sunday morning since the clocks change. Should be interesting.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck. I'll be in Lima this weekend to but doing the gunshow at the fair grounds.

rooster85

Lake County
Yeah, that could be a serious problem with dire consequences. Fugger. Lol.
OR maybe they don't want to make the "others" feel lowly about not being manly enough to join the Marines? Either way, have fun and I'm hoping you stick a big spike!!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I'll see what they can do Mark.

Thanks Brock. It probably won't be as good of a write up as some other are able to do but I'll do my best.