Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's Hunt Log

Gordo

Athens County
Great start.

4th hunt was this evening. Second at my best property. Place is magical.

Had a great mature 8 point 33 yards at a perfect angle. He was a beauty, but when I was going back and forth whether or not to shoot him, I elected not too.

Been covered in deer, and I'm not ready to punch out unless it's a freak daddy. Been a long while since I let a deer walk of his magnitude. Also been a while since I punched a buck tag. But apparently I could give a shit. Ha.

Would love to get a TC photo of the deer tonight(it'd help to actually be running a cam). He was triple the body size of any other deer I saw around him. Makes me wonder just what I was looking at.(alright triple may be overboard, but he was built like a brick shithouse)

Keeping this one short winded, but there will be plenty more to read, I guarantee.

I want to park my ass in that same spot in the morning. Doesn't seem like they going bonkers yet, but we all know how that goes.

Good luck fellars!

Woods time makes me giggity, and I'm ready for a hell of a month success or not.

Still need to buy a camera that beats the shit outta my damn iPhone.

[emoji1308]

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Good luck Gordo! I'd like to see a pic of that horse you passed up!

Going to try and deploy a cam or two out there. Could have been a major error on my part.

Wife made me feel good about it. "There's so many deer this year, yada yada"'

Old man says I'm crazy.

A photo will clear it up

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great hunt whenever you can take a pass on a shot at a respectable buck Gordo,imo. Hope you get a crack at a freak daddy soon buddy! Good luck!

Gordo

Athens County
Great hunt whenever you can take a pass on a shot at a respectable buck Gordo,imo. Hope you get a crack at a freak daddy soon buddy! Good luck!

I hear you. Been a hot minute since filling a buck tag though. Flip side is I wouldn't be heading to stand right now. But...... 3 weeks from now, I'd shoot him dead; and you know the ole saying!

Gordo

Athens County
Been covered in deer so far this year. Gotta quit doing full updates in the Live from stand thread and put them here.

Putting in a day of work in the woods gearing up for this next weather change.

On route to yank two stands from different properties now; then onto Moundy's to grab up his rhino; then on to my primary property that I'm going 'all in on' to hang at least one stand in a spot I located last hunt and throw a little corn down to hold some does in another spot.

Hopeing it starts raining soon

Gordo

Athens County

Loving this new spot. Major pain in the ass due to not haveing done it in a while. Mission accomplished. Feeling good about it. Sniper nest that's got that whole area covered

Gordo

Athens County
Well, here we go again.

Just got home late last night from being gone for 9 of the last 10 nights.

Hung cams before I left for the first time in a couple years, and 'waaaa-la'; total fixation has set in.

Buckle up

Going to try to "choot'em"

Gordo

Athens County
I gotta dig up some photos. This deer is ringing a bell from a deer I got pics of in November 2013 as a 2.5 year old(I think). I could be nuts but I'm going to find out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang nice deer Gordo. Hope you can get a crack at him. You got a pic of him in mid afternoon so that’s a plus! Good luck buddy....:pickle: