Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's Hunt Log

Gordo

Athens County
Had a hell of a day in general, but my hunt was uneventful. Still feeling good about killing a nice buck. Not hanging it up. I am ready for some fresh meats though!

Gordo

Athens County
Well that first buck ended up being a bust. That deer only showed on cam twice in 2 weeks. Sat and froze my ass off Hopeing to catch a break during that cold snap but it never happened.

I Could have jumped the gun as he was never regular, even at night. That was my first TC check in years! Got the juices flowing.

I did 'get off' on how perfect my set up was. Was sitting in a blow brushed in with some pine tree branches as cover. Saw deer just about everytime and was never busted.

Off with the old on with the new:

I set up a very similar, well thought out set at my primary spot. I know there's gotta be at least one there worthy of an arrow. No cam recon yet as I just put it out a couple days ago.

Great access. Should be able to slip in and out undetected. I brushed in a spot on a small point. N or NW wind is prime as my scent will be pushed over a damn cliff and far down the holler. Hauled 160 pounds of corn up the damn mountain and spread it over a huge area.

Today is a hell of a day to go sit it and I'll be there!

Well that second set did the trick. The amount of time I spent thinking about where to set up ALONG with time spent in the field seeing if it was possible was a bit compulsive, but it paid off tonight.

More to come