Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The broken call buck

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a great read! Loved how you touched on the emotions too, we've all had those very same thoughts buddy. Mason's reaction was PRICELESS!!!! Thanks for sharing your story and CONGRATULATIONS to you both!:smiley_clap:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Next time I write a book, I'll proof read it before posting. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments, fellas.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Brock, I enjoyed every single word of your write up. That was excellent man! Well done and congrats on such a fun hunt!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Sitting here having my morning coffee and reading this story reminded me what hunting is about. Memories and a certain bonding between Father and Son that so few will ever know. That my friend is one of the best write ups I've read in a long time. Like Rick said loved the emotions. Congrats on a GORGEOUS BUCK...

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Awesome buck and awesome story, this story is the sign of a true hunter. We love hunting and we respect what we hunt.

A bonus Brock is on my team!

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
What a great buck! I am so happy you busted one Brock. You were long past due. I really enjoyed your recap too, you really know how to put a story together. Congrats buddy! Enjoy the rest of the season watching Mason!

Excellent write up and a great buck. Reading posts like this shows proof that some true hunters still exist. IMO true hunters have great respect for the animals they hunt. When the kill is made a flow of emotions fill the hunter, including a large dose of guilt and remorse. Without these emotions we are simply killers. You and Mason are two true hunters. I commend you both for your conduct afield. Hope you both enjoy many more seasons together.

toke2

Love it when a story puts others in the stand with Author. Enjoyed it! Congrats on a great deer, and a great night in the woods with your son.