Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18 NWOH Hunter Season Journal

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
After starting on a hot streak, the October Lull as came back and bit me! lol ....I am 0-3 on my last hunts. Hoping that with colder temps and the start of the rut activities, I will start seeing deer again.

10-17-17 hunting log.jpg

10-17-17 hunting log.total.jpg

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
2017-18 totals so far (as of 10/16/17)

8 hunts
30 total hours
3.75 ave hours on stand
9 Bucks(1 possible shooter)
4 Does
5 shot opportunities
.43 deer/hr

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Had a young 8 come in last night at 20 yds offering a shot at 20 and 25 yds, he seemed to spook at 25 yds down wind but stayed there and worked his way down behind me and feed in some corn stalks for additional 10 mins at 50 yds. Must not of been too worried about what he smelled....maybe the movement of the corn scared him more. Abouto 30 mins later Nice 8 came out of the corn behind me and feed for a while and worked his way south of me and out of sight. I been seeing the little guys but not any of the big guys, hoping these cool temps and the beginning stages of the rut get them on their feet during day light hours!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
2017-18 totals so far (as of 10/25/17)

11hunts
40.25 total hours
3.65 ave hours on stand
11 Bucks(1 possible shooter)
5 Does
7 shot opportunities
.39 deer/hr

1 Kill (doe)

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Went out this morning with low expectations with the full moon. I was correct on my assumptions and I’m not sure I even heard a squirrel!? I stayed out till 10:45 and decided to call it a day and go home and try to do some work. I accomplished that but at a price! My back has been acting up again and I laid some tile in my basement and now it’s stiff as a 2 x 4!!! Doubt I will make it out tomorrow. To rub salt in the wound my daughter was getting a ride home from a sleep over and said she saw a big buck at another woods I hunt and in the exact spot I contemplated sitting at this morning !! Well off to ice the shit out of my back.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Still not back to 100%, maybe 60%. I am going to shuffle out to a stand and swap a card out tonight. I think I'll take my bow with me just in case and do a little still hunting. Seeing as how I slowly shuffle as I walk I should be pretty stealthy !!! Everything about this plan is wrong but I gotta get out in the woods.