Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FML... Bad shot advice

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Awesome man! Thanks for posting so others could help you do the right thing. It’s all a learning curve and you just learned something. Congratulations! The first is always the most memorable!!! Now let’s see her with that big old smile! You gotta be cheesy

^^^^^ Yep...

Congrats on your first, most of us have been in this situation, that’s why we know what too do lol....

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Congrats on your first deer... i still remember my first like it was yesterday and have been hooked ever since.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats. I still remember my 1st deer kill. My 1st elk taken was with a 375 JDJ TC Contender pistol. I shot a small bull looking straight at me at 25 yds. I shot and dropped it but it tried to get up so I walked up to it and shot it in the neck. Forgetting that the scope is 1.5" above the barrel and missed the elk at 2 ft. Had to reload and put it down at 1" from the neck. Never forgot those 1st kills and you will always remember your 1st kill.

thehuntingwoodman

Thanks again all for the quick replies, the sound advice, and the encouragement along the way! I learned a TON of lessons this morning, and can't wait to get back out there.
Most important lesson is to relax a bit when I see a deer, and make sure I'm confident in my shot. I shall be spending ALOT more time practicing then I have been, and ensuring that my gear is still tuned, and my shots go where I want them to from now on.

She might be a small one, but shes my first, and I wont forget her.

2017101495101512.jpg