Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Stolen in Wood County

jigglyj

First and foremost this camera was on public land and I knew the risks and considered the camera a loss before I even put it out.
But I figured I'd give this a try since i lurk on TOO all the time anyways.

Went out for an evening hunt today and was going to pull my card on my way in. Well low and behold when I got to where my camera has been all summer it now magically grew legs and walked away.

I know this is a slim chance and I don't really expect anything to come of it but figured I'd try. Maybe the person who took it will read this and think twice next time before taking something that isn't theres. Probably not though lol

I've scanned craigslist and facebook for sale sites but nothing yet.

Location: 73 acre wildlife production area south of Bowling Green and Portage on Bays rd.

Its a tan Moultrie A5 2nd gen
I had it locked up in a Moultrie lock box that had been spray painted tan and black
Also had a 6ft master lock python cable running through the lock box twice and around the tree.

Also the sd card may or may not have been encrypted but if it wasn't I'd like to know if that big 9pt with the crab claw ever came back, let me know

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
That sucks, but I've got a question. You've lurked in here for a while, at what point while lurking did you get the idea that someone here would steal your camera? Welcome aboard

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang man, I really feel for ya and most of us here have been through this ourselves as well. It's pretty sad what's happened to the moral fiber and ethics of our country's citizens....SMH

Welcome to TOO!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear your camera was stolen. I'm with Dustin. I think it is a long shot someone on the forum took it. Pretty solid group of hunters. Nobody knows who is lurking though.

jigglyj

That sucks, but I've got a question. You've lurked in here for a while, at what point while lurking did you get the idea that someone here would steal your camera? Welcome aboard

I didn't mean to imply a member would steal. What I had meant was maybe whoever it is that did steal it would happen to be lurking and come across this thread. You never know what goes through peoples heads. I just figured I might as well put it out there and see what happens. You never know who might see the post. The worst that happens is nothing ever comes of it and I'm still out a couple dollars.

For now I'm just gonna do some research and see if I can't find a better way to lock my cameras up.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I didn't mean to imply a member would steal. What I had meant was maybe whoever it is that did steal it would happen to be lurking and come across this thread. You never know what goes through peoples heads. I just figured I might as well put it out there and see what happens. You never know who might see the post. The worst that happens is nothing ever comes of it and I'm still out a couple dollars.

For now I'm just gonna do some research and see if I can't find a better way to lock my cameras up.
I didn't take it that you were saying a member did. Sorry your cam got stolen. Sounds like the jackass that took it went through some effort.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Now that you are no longer lurking, feel free to make yourself at home. Welcome to TOO. Best of luck this season!

Gordo

Athens County
I didn't take it that you were saying a member did. Sorry your cam got stolen. Sounds like the jackass that took it went through some effort.

X2

Think he was Just kicking the brush and trying to drum up a lead.

Whoever it was popped out there door that day ready to go hack that thing outta the tree

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Definitely took a little planning to get that one.

No doubt, but like many have said about cable locks, it keeps the honest people honest....

Sorry to hear you encountered a low life but it’s just the times we’re in unfortunately.....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Camlockbox.com has a security box for just about every camera out there. I use a drill and 6” lag bolts to secure it. However, if someone really wants it, a pair of bolt cutters or a chain saw will do the trick. Also, I’d question Giles....I hear he’s a bit shady!! Lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Camlockbox.com has a security box for just about every camera out there. I use a drill and 6” lag bolts to secure it. However, if someone really wants it, a pair of bolt cutters or a chain saw will do the trick. Also, I’d question Giles....I hear he’s a bit shady!! Lol

Just put it up about 6’ off the ground, he couldn’t reach it then....