Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck Activity

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Hunting this weekend and I saw some bucks with their noses to the ground zig zagging as they went along, that with some light sparring, and scraping.
Last night I was helping a buddy track a buck(which we didn't find....big one I guess.) and saw numerous scraps being made already. This has me getting excited! This is in NW Ohio might I add.

HillBuck

Union Co
Found a nice rub line over the weekend. 7-8 trees rubbed within 60 yard long line. I have found a couple of lightly hit scrapes. The boys are getting ready but the ladies are a little ways from willing. This was in central Ohio.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Saw one lightly worked scrape last week. Didn't see as many rubs as normal. Wasn't really looking over entire property with a fine tooth comb. Rode UTV in and out. Swapped cards. Got out. I'd guess the youngsters are sparring. Seems the early scrapes are generally the more mature bucks. In the next couple weeks I'll start getting more excited.

Murphy31

Western Mass
Way less buck sign on our trip this year compared to last years. Not many rubs and only a few small scrapes. We did however see a dozen or so bucks. Last year we didn't see any. The butcher had like 10 deer in the freezer, and 8 were bucks. They were moving for what ever reason, but not rutty. No stains or strong smell on their tarsal glands.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Lots of scrapes opening up. I'll move a few cams on them in another week or so. I didn't see much movement Friday or Saturday night im gonna go sit a secluded bean field tonight with lots of rubs around the edges. Will be the first sit on this property

PSE13

Shelby
Found 1 rub last time I was out. Haven't been out lately due to the weather being crappy and warm. Hoping it starts too cool down to get things going