Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Damn Beavers! HELP

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I'm sure some of you remember almost 3 years ago my house got flooded because of the creek by the house. Well now there is a giant dam that is stopping it up. I talked to the game warden a he said I could trap it because it's a nuisance and on my property. The issue is I don't know shit about trapping. He told me to get a 330 and set it at the bottom of a slide. Anyone in SW Ohio close to New Richmond know what they are doing and come help me out with this issue?

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
IMG_5031.JPGIMG_5033.JPGIMG_5034.JPG

Wmiller07

Depending on where you live get a couple pounds of tannerite and get back at least 100 yards and enjoy the show!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You can do it. RuralKing sells 330s. Don't forget the setting tool. YouTube should be a great help with how to set them and where. Come on it'll be fun.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I would recommend Joe's and Rick's ideas, but I would be telling a lie if I didn't say that Miller's idea was the first to come to mind.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Woody has a problem with some beaver. . . . .Anyone else struggling to not act like a 13 year old? Or just me? lmao

I like Rick's idea. Offer it up to someone. They may be willing to teach you how to do it. They would likely be tickled to be able to trap a few as they teach you. Most trappers I have met have been very willing to assist.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Depending on where you live get a couple pounds of tannerite and get back at least 100 yards and enjoy the show!

I thought about that too. The only issue is US hwy 52 is less than 30 yds away and I really don't need to damage the bridge or cars that happen to be on it when it explodes. That and the dam is right under the old road so chances are it would bring that rickety old bridge down with it. Believe me I really wanted to do that! I will get the traps, I watched a few YouTube vids last night on it. I just thought someone might want to keep it. On 2nd thought I might just use it for coyote bait. Thanks guys

Diablo54

Outside
Messing with a 330 isn’t something you should be doing as a first ever trap. You will more than likely break your hand. I would snare them.